𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑 || 𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞

(𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕)

When we got to the house, Bill was standing on the porch, facing the door. We dropped our bikes and I said, "Bill you can't go in there. This- this is crazy."

Bill whipped around to look at us. "Look, you don't have to come in with me. But what happens when another Georgie goes missing? Or another Betty, or another Ed Corcran, or even one of us? Are you just going to pretend it isn't happening like everyone else in this town? Because.. I can't. I go home and all I see is that Georgie isn't there. His clothes, his toys, his stupid stuffed animals, but he isn't. So walking into this house, for me, is easier then walking into my own."

"Wow," Richie said quietly.

"What?" I asked.

"He didn't stutter once."

I was the first one to move, moving up to stand next to Bill. The others came up, but I noticed Stan hadn't moved at all.

"Stan-" I began.

"Wait! Um, shouldn't we have people keep watch? Y'know, in case something bad happens?" His brown eyes flicked towards me, his expression pleading. He wanted me to stay out, to be safe, with him. But I couldn't-wouldn't-hide while my friends went into the house without knowing what they were walking into.

"Who w-wants to stay out here?" Bill asked. Everyone but Bev and I raised their hands. Bill sighed, his hazel eyes traveling across us all. We was obviously thinking. "We c-could draw s-s-straws."

"How?" Richie huffed. "We aren't exactly in Eddie's kitchen."

Bill walked down and knelt by a plant. It had spiky stems and seemed good enough to use. "We'll use these."

He picked a few, pushing them into his palm so he could hide the length of them- he then walked around, letting everyone pick one. When he stood in front of me, I shook my head. "I'm not getting one."

"W-why?" He asked, looking disappointed.

"I'm going into that house no matter what. No straw is going to decide that for me."

Bill nodded, a small smile breaking his face. He walked back up on the porch, Eddie, Richie, and I following him. I stopped when I heard Stan call my name. "Y/N!"

I whipped around, narrowing my eyes at him. He hesitated before shrugging. "Be careful, I guess."

I stared at him coldly before disappearing after the others without a word.

"I can't believe I pulled the short straw," Richie muttered as we walked into the house. The smell was horrible. "You guys are lucky we aren't measuring dicks."

"You'd still be in here, Rich," I said, looking around.

Richie tried to say something, but was cut off by Eddie. "Richie, shut up. I can smell it."

"Don't breathe through your mouth," Richie said quietly.

"How come?"

"Then you're eating it." Richie smirked as Eddie gagged and took a puff from his inhaler. Bill exchanged a glance with me and rolled his eyes. He seemed annoyed that both of them had to be in here with us- the two that argue and endlessly tease each other. Mike and Bev probably would've been a better option.

Richie wandered into one of the rooms and took something off a strand of cobwebs. Panic went across his face, causing all of us to hurry over to see what had made my seemingly fearless brother panic. I looked over his shoulder to see another missing poster- but not just any missing poster. His missing poster.

𝙊𝙥𝙥𝙤𝙨𝙞𝙩𝙚𝙨 𝘼𝙩𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙩  || Stanley Uris x Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें