𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓 || 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐫 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐞

(𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕)

Five days later, I got ready for a sleepover at mine and Richie's house. We had a sleepover almost every week, where we would do numerous things. 

I danced around the kitchen, humming along with the radio. I had avoided going to school today, faking a stomachache to get out of a test. I felt guilty about leaving The Losers though, but they were fine. It wasn't like we were all joined at the hip, despite what people believed.

I popped some popcorn and was just getting a bowl down when the door opened, and I snorted as I recognized Eddie and Richie arguing, while Bill laughed.

"Dear sister of mine," Richie called.

"In the kitchen," I called back, jumping up to sit on the counter. Richie and company came into the kitchen a minute later, shouldering each other and nudging each other.

"You missed quite a lot," Eddie said, grabbing a piece of popcorn.

"Did I now," I said, amused. My good mood heightened when I saw Bev, and I happily gestured her over to me. She hopped on the counter next to me, and I wrapped my arm around her shoulder. Stan looked at me, eyeing me in surprise. A slight pink went across his face before he turned away, grabbing Richie by the sleeve and hissing something into his ear.

"Yeah, Henry Bowers got chewed out by the principle when he was caught raiding some kid's locker. It was hilarious," Eddie snickered.

"Why was he raiding someone's locker?" I asked, confused.

Bev snorted. "It's anyones guess, he does a lot of shit no one can explain."

I nodded in agreement, and we all fell silent.

Richie was the first to say something. "Here, you and Bev go look for some good horror movies, or bad ones we can make fun of, it doesn't matter, and we'll get the snacks."

"Sure," I agreed, moving my arm and letting Bev get down before we both left the kitchen. I lead her to our stash of movies, picking through each one. "So, how do you like The Losers so far?"

She narrowed her eyes for a moment before humming. "I think they're all really sweet. They joke about a lot of weird shit, but they're cool."

"Yeah," I giggled. "Any crushes?" Bev blushed and looked down, and I leaned forwards and grinned. "You do have one! Who?"

"Shh, keep your voice down!" She said through a laugh. Lowering her voice, she said, "I guess Bill is pretty cute."

I arched my eyebrows. "Really? I guess that's fair enough."

"What about you?" She shuffled through more of the movies, picking out some and leaving some in their spot.

"Oh, me? Yeah, I have a huge crush on-" I stopped as if it were a secret, and she leaned forwards. 

"On..?"

"On Eddie's mom," I answered before dissolving into giggles. She watched me, a smile on her lips. "You are such a Tozier," she chuckled.

I grabbed the rest of the horror movies and walked out with Bev by my side. Everyone was in the living room by now, talking and judging a weird soap opera.

"C'mon, he just kissed Jessica, and now he's kissing Sarah? Booooo, what a player," Richie said, throwing a piece of popcorn at the TV.

"You're one to talk," Eddie commented, standing up to take the movies from me and shifting through them.

Richie held the place where his heart was and pretended to look hurt. "How rude!"

"Mhm, but true," Eddie said without missing a beat. He held up a movie- The Nightmare on Elm Street. Bev nudged me and asked, "You want some water?" 

I nodded and she smiled, disappearing into the kitchen. Richie wiped his fake tears. I turned the lights off and sat next to Stan, smiling at him awkwardly. He smiled at me less awkwardly and murmured, "What? I don't bite."

I bit back a sarcastic remark (one Richie would probably make) and chuckled a bit. "I know, but I thought you would still be mad at me."

Bev got back, handing me my glass and sitting on the floor in front of me, resting her head on my lap, watching Eddie struggling to get the VCR to work.

"You know you're supposed to press the little button right there, right?" Richie asked, peering over Eddie's shoulder.

"Yeah, I know that Rich, I'm not stupid," He snapped.

"Did you try-"

"Oh my God, could you please shut the fuck up?" Eddie growled.

Richie shrugged and sat down, watching him with a smirk.

After a while and some help from Bill, he finally got the movie playing. A little bit into the movie, I rested my head on Stan's shoulder, snuggling closer to him. He looked down at me in surprise, and I bit back a giggle at his flustered expression, and how red his face was.

After too many sodas and a lot of sugar, we sat in Richie's room, playing truth or dare. I was sitting on his bed on my stomach, hugging one of his pillows while waving my legs around. Stan sat on the floor underneath me, letting me play with his hair, while Bill sat next to Bev. Eddie was seated in Richie's desk chair, while Richie himself was sat in the middle of the floor.

"Okay, Y/N, truth or dare?" Eddie asked, turning to me. So far I had been dared to sing one of Madonna's songs using a hairbrush as a microphone and the bed as the stage, dared to eat some disgusting combination of stuff Richie chose, and asked if I would ever let Henry Bowers kiss me.

I ran my hand through Stan's hair and said, "Dare."

Eddie smirked and gestured Richie over. He whispered something to him, and Richie snickered and glanced over and me.

"Oh, that's a good sign," I mumbled. I got a scrunchie from my wrist and put Stan's hair up, bursting into laughter at how amazingly stupid it looked.

"Well Y/N, do you want to change to truth or keep dare?" Eddie asked, raising his eyebrows.

"I'm almost scared but I guess I'll keep the dare," I respond, looking at Stan nervously.

"Alright. Y/N, I dare you to kiss Bill." Eddie gave me a smile.

"That isn't too bad," I said, shrugging.

"Now hold on," Richie began, looking between Eddie and I. If it's not that bad, how 'bout we make it worse?"

Eddie nodded thoughtfully, a devilish smile on his face. "Alright. Sounds fair. I dare you to kiss Bill with tongue."

I nearly choked on nothing, while Richie and Eddie laughed at me. Bill's face was as red as a tomato, while Stan's face was a few shades lighter. Bev blinked several times, flicking her eyes between me and Bill. I knew I couldn't, and I gave her a small head shake.

"Wow I hate you," I growl to them. I stood up, my face pale as ever, until Stan grabbed my wrist and quickly said, "Are you sure this is a good idea? I mean- I just-"

"Why?" Richie sneered. "Do you want to kiss her?"

"Okay," he said with no hesitation. It took us all about 2 seconds to comprehend what he said. He slapped his hand over his mouth, his face turning even redder then it was. Bev looked away, anger flashing in her face.

I shot Bill an apologetic glance, bent down and moved Stan's hand, grabbing him by the collar of his shirt, and smashed my lips on his. He seemed taken aback but kissed back, our lips moving against each other's perfectly.

I pulled away and went to sit on the bed, leaving Stan looking stunned. I turned and glared at Eddie.

"Truth or dare?"

movie plot starts soon, setting up friendships 

edited: wednesday, march 9th, 2022