22: Suspicions

Your POV:

Inter-high prelims were today and Sakusa, Komori and the rest of the team got ready in the morning. The twins went back to Hyōgo sadly to get ready for their Inter-high prelims.

I'm on the bus now FaceTiming Hajime. He was walking to school and with Oikawa. Sakusa and Komori were both sitting next to me in the very back of the bus. Sakusa was sleeping and I felt a heavy weight on my shoulder. I looked to my right to see Sakusa was sleeping, laying his head on my shoulder. 

" Who's that babe?" Hajime inquired as I looked a bit embarrassed.

" I-It's Sakusa." I told him. I couldn't read his expression right now. I hope he doesn't get the impression that I "cheated" on him by having Sakusa on my shoulder. 

" Oh Okay. I got to go, bye. love you." Hajime told me as he smiled slightly.

" Okay, bye. love you." I told him as he nodded and ended the phone call.

I sighed and I looked a Sakusa to is still sleeping. I then looked at Komori who seemed a bit worried. He didn't hear the call since I had my earbuds in. 

" What happened?" He asked me as I just sighed. I leaned my head on his shoulder.

I explained to him the situation that just went down. He reassured me and when the contraption came to an end, Sakusa woke up and looked at us weird.

" Why am I on your bicep and your head is leaning on Komori's shoulder?" He asked us.

" I talked to Komori about Hajime. He acted weird when we ended the call because you subconsciously leaned your head on my shoulder. It's not your fault. It's okay." I explained as I smiled a little. He nodded his head.

" I'm sorry." He simply told me and and went on his phone.

Sakusa's POV:

When Kiko explained what went down when I took a nap, I was kinda smiling inside. I know that was mean, but wI could have a chance. I'm hoping deep down inside that I still have a chance.

Plus, I was half sleeping. I closed my eyes, but I could still hear. Basically, I was half asleep. 

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

We arrived as the stadium and I could hear whispers that I'm used to. I don't think Kiko is though, she seemed nervous and walking closer to me than usual. I snaked a arm around her waist and pulled her close to me. She was startled a little but soon relaxed in my touch. The feeling of her being close to me and having my arm wrapped around her small waist. I wished I could hold her for eternity, but she's not mine to do so.

When we arrived at an isolated spot near the gym, I let go of Kiko and placed out stuff down to get ready for the two games that we have to play. I placed a paper towel on the ground to sent my bag down and to take off my jacket. She walked over to me with a raised eyebrow.

" Why did you touch me?" She interrogated with her hand on her hip.

" I sensed you being uncomfortable when we were walking in the hallway. The stares from the guys I think mostly. So I just protected you but pulling you closer to me...I'm sorry if I made you more uncomfortable." I apologized as I looked down.

" It's okay. I just was a bit surprised that you would do that. Thank you protecting me and don't worry about it." She reassured me as I nodded and sighed in relief. She lightly hugged me and then went back to what she was doing.