Known Admirer Part Two

Start from the beginning

John laughed and Sherlock gazed out the window with a smile. "In other words, I know you more than anyone else. Quite literally, I've deduced everything I can about you, including everything I could force out of you such as your middle name. So if I didn't know you any better, I wouldn't be begging the favor I am asking of you now. John, I believe in this situation, you have better judgement than I, and so I'm asking that you choose whether we trust Moriarty or not."

John expired an unconfident sigh, letting himself drop down into his chair. "Moriarty sat in that chair," Sherlock remarked.

John looked down at his chair, pursing his lips as he hesitantly decided whether to stand up or not. "Just thought you'd rather know," Sherlock said in a monotone voice.

John raised his eyebrows as he inhaled deeply, "Lovely."

"Welcome."

John chuckled, leaning his elbow on the arm of his chair and placing his cheek on his fist. "Come here."

"Me?" Sherlock questioned.

John furrowed his eyebrows, giving him a disgruntled look. "Who else would I be talking to?"

Sherlock shrugged his shoulders, walking back towards John and sitting down in his seat opposite him. "Now I want you to look at me, and say that you trust James Moriarty to save Carter," said John.

"But I'm not sure whether I believe that, that's why I'm asking for your help."

"I don't care...whether you believe it or not, Sherlock. I just care that you look me directly in the eyes and say it."

"I don't understand what this is accomplishing."

"Just do it!"

Sherlock sighed, looking straight into John's eyes and repeating his words, "I trust James Moriarty to save Carter."

"Good. Now do the same thing, but say you trust James Moriarty to not save Carter but murder her in cold blood."

"John, I--"

"Do it!"

"I....I...." Sherlock kept pausing, unsure of how he could possibly say it. "I...I trust James Moriarty....to not save Carter.....but murder her.....in cold blood," he winced at the thought of his own words.

"I think the answer is in plain sight at the moment."

"How did you possibly gather any information from that?"

"Sherlock Holmes, you are the most inconsistent man when it comes to proving to me that you're human. But one thing you are indeed consistent at is knowing everything about a subject whilst you speak it. So if there was ever a time that you hesitated to know something, it must be bloody untrue! You didn't stutter when you said that you trust James Moriarty to save Carter; therefore, I believe that we are on the same page."

"You believe we should trust Moriarty," Sherlock said, but it sounded more like a question.

"Correction: You believe we should trust Moriarty."

"John, you are continuing to confuse me."

"Sherlock, you knew all along that you believed you should trust Moriarty. But you're beginning to doubt yourself and you needed someone to assure that you were going down the right path. You've hit rock bottom, and you needed to be lifted onto your feet. As surprising as it may sound, I believe whatever you believe. I completely trust you. Although for someone who can't even deduce that Harry's my sister, I'm not sure why."

Sherlock rolled his eyes and heaved an exasperated sigh, "Everybody's a critic."

John smiled contently, reaching into his back pocket for his phone which was suddenly vibrating like crazy. "Crap, it's Greg!" John cursed before answering the phone.