Epilogue

Zander's P.O.V.

It was safe to say that last night was extremely jam packed with emotions. Whether he was sobbing, or just teary eyed, Zander was pretty sure there wasn't a single moment last night he wasn't crying until he went to sleep.

Last night, Zander wasn't sure quite how long he had been hugging Luke, until he looked down at his watch, and remembered he had to be back at his house by eight. They decided together that they didn't want to just leave. They wanted to talk. So Luke came back. Zander could still vividly remember when they first got home.

~

Zander and Luke walked into the house, finger intertwined. When Zander entered, he could see Hailey ducked down near a kitchen cabinet that was below the sink, rummaging for something.

"Hey Zander? Is that you?" Hailey asked, "I swear I haven't spent my whole day in this kitchen. You just keep catching me-" Hailey stood up mid-sentence, and cut herself off when she saw Luke standing in the doorway.

"Luke? What are you-" Hailey cut herself off once again when she looked down to see the two boys holding hands. The look on Hailey's face was one Zander would never forget. There was a slight glisten in her eyes, and a small smile, but her face mostly read an expression of shock, that said, "What did I miss?"

It made Zander happy to see Hailey cared so much.

~

Zander's mom agreed to Luke staying over for a while, and they all had dinner. That went by pretty fast though. It was definitely the least memorable part of the evening. Zander would probably have to think about it for a while before he could even say what they ate. The main part of it he remembered, was him and Luke holding hands under the table.

Zander could remember himself making a mental note, about they had been dating for less than an hour, and had been holding hands for the majority of the time. He remembered scolding himself, and thinking, God. We're gonna be one of those couples. But he didn't care. He liked being one of those couples.

After dinner, Luke and Zander just talked, discussing their feelings.

~

Zander and Luke were sitting on opposite ends on Zander's bed, face to face. Luke was holding Zander's right hand with his.

"So, you really do love me? This is real?"

"Yes, Luke. It's real," Zander said laughing a little.

"So, how come...before..." Luke didn't need to say much more for Zander to know what he was asking.

"I don't know," said softly, contemplating himself, "It's just...I think I've pretty much always loved you. No. I know I have always loved you. I do now. I just think, part of my brain a long time ago, told me that we could never happen. Then I never thought about us at all. Well, not like this at least," Zander said, gesturing between the two of them, "And it's not like I was actually thinking any of these things while this was all happening. I think it was all going on in the back of my head, but I think it got to the point where I was telling myself that I didn't deserve your love..." Zander stopped talking, with his left hand over his chest.

"Zander," Luke almost sounded like he was scolding him for what he said. Like what he said was so ridiculous. Luke then grabbed Zander, and hugged him tightly.

"We deserve each other."

Zander could feel his throat catch. He stuffed his face into Luke's shoulder, and cried. And he was happy. Just still extremely emotional. He had processed a lot these past couple of hours.