Chapter 2: Searching and Finding

It took him four and a half years of constant searching throughout the entire wizarding world to come to the only conclusion one could come to. Harry had vanished from the wizarding world...completely.

The only answer the goblins could give him was that Harry was definitely alive since the Potter vaults were still active. But they were unaware of where he lived now.

The next step he decided to take was to poke around in the Ministry of Magic. Sure, as Salazar Slytherin, he was considered dead. Still, he had connections under many other different names, so he pulled some strings to get the information he wanted. But the only intelligence he got from there regarding Harry Potter was that his godfather Sirius Black had been thrown into Azkaban without a hearing or a trial.

He frowned upon learning about that, again. How low did the ministry sink to not even give a fair trial – or any trial at all really? To a man who not only never did anything to go against the laws written or broke any of them? He was also the heir and future head of a well-known and previously respected old pureblood family. But regretfully he couldn't do anything about it just yet.

Besides that, the information he got was nothing specific. Only that Dumbledore "took care" of Harry. What he did, or where the boy was, nobody knew so this was yet another dead end.

After that, he tried another approach from a different angle. Perhaps the press heard something since reporters were known for finding information other people desperately tried to hide from the public. So, he asked around at a few different newspapers to see if he could learn anything new. Merlin, he even asked the Quibbler whether they knew something about Harry Potter's whereabouts. But the newspaper full of the most unconventional conspiracy theories had no inkling on where the Boy-Who-Lived had disappeared to either.

Therefore, Harry was most definitely not in magical England.

Perhaps Dumbledore sent Harry out of the country as a safety measure. So Salazar asked around the other countries he knew had magical hotspots; he even asked around the colonies. Yes, he was very well connected for a supposedly dead man ever since he vanished over millennia ago. Because Salazar knew one thing for sure: knowledge is power, and knowledge comes either from books or connections. So, he had cultivated himself a vast network not only in the wizarding world but also in the mundane one.

But now his entire network in the wizarding world has reached its limits. Not one single person knew where the boy was. Oh, he heard rumours which he had followed, but every single one was a dead end. Even Sirius couldn't help him since he was in Ministry custody as of the day after the incident, so he had no idea where Harry was either.

Now Salazar paced in the study of his townhouse a few blocks from Diagon Alley in the mundane part of London. He growled after reading the latest letter he received half an hour ago while musing over the said letter's content.

 He growled after reading the latest letter he received half an hour ago while musing over the said letter's content

Dear Jack,

It is nice to hear from you after such a long time. I hope you are well.