Rihanna-Loud

She really adds such beautiful color to this genre because she isn't afraid to embrace her background and bring something new and unique to the radio. This is possibly her finest album, and at least her best effort since 'Good Girl Gone Bad'. Overall, this album is a great offering from a controversial yet beloved artist.

So let's dissect this a little.

'Only Girl (in the World)' was the album's first single, and initially I was impressed. 'What's My Name' is, without doubt, the best single off the album so far. The track is flawlessly exciting, and Drake's guest rap is intriguing and perfectly elevates the track. It's a nice marriage between the two stars. The beat is catchy, the lyrics are memorable and Rihanna sounds great. 'S&M', the latest single off the album, is a lot of brash fun.The song is a banger.(I still can't help but sing along to it, so that's a plus.

'California King Bed' is a nicely done ballad that strips Rihanna down and gives her a chance to show her vocal range without an overproduced musical arrangement. I'm always iffy with Rihanna and her ballads because her vocal style is more suited to more aggressive and seductive tracks.This song really exposes no weakness. Rihanna sounds impeccable here, pristine and sincere and she hits every note beautifully. 'Complicated' starts off with a bang, showcasing Rihanna hitting some of the highest notes I've ever heard her attempt, and she NAILS IT. The track then takes that opening and runs with it, but in a beautifully subtle way that highlights softer and more intimate aspects of Rihanna's voice before it trips into a techno-savvy chorus structure that softens the intro vocals but maintains that feeling in your heart. I mean, this is a perfect song.

'Raining Men' features the new 'it' girl Nicki Minaj, and I'm so happy about that. I just love that chick. This song is a blast. It's a great mix of club standards and island flavor with a crazy awesome rap run by Miss Minaj; not to mention stellar vocals by Rihanna who runs the beat with her voice magically. It's got camp aspects to it, but they are integrated effectively so as not to take anything away from the edgy quality the track flaunts.

'Fading' starts off with in interesting musical riff that leads into a typically effective pop track that is elevated by Rihanna's vocal style and a catchy chorus that is supremely likable (here is Rihanna exposing her vocal cracks to perfection, showing vulnerability as opposed to a weakness).

'Skin' is Rihanna's chance to seduce the listener, and she's partly successful. The song has its strong points. 'Cheers (Drink to That)' Is a good song.'Man Down' I like the musical arrangement.

'Love the Way You Lie Pt. 2' closes out the album brilliantly. The collaboration of Eminem and Rihanna is going to be remembered for a long while thanks to Eminem's brilliant 'Love the Way You Lie', and while this second part could have easily felt like a cheap attempt to capitalize off of the original's popularity (I mean, it even sports the same musical arrangement), the song stands on its own and feels like a nice compliment. The two songs fit together beautifully and work as great bookends to two different yet equally effective albums.