George Michael-Listen witthout Prejudice Volume one

This album is a tribute to the human spirit. It is a journey of how past mistakes impact a life, and how taking responsibility for one's actions in the search for redemption can save us all. Today, more than ever, with the strife we face as a society, this album strikes true. Listen to it with an open ear, an open mind, and an open heart. Listen... without prejudice.
"Praying for Time" is thoughtful and poignant, taking aim at the hypocrisy in the attitude many of us hold toward charity. The orchestration is minimal, allowing the vocals and lyrics give the song its depth. "Freedom" was a huge dance smash that at the same time is an introspective look at George's past, placing it in thoughtful perspective; the refrain is a great attitude kick in the pants, and the bridge has a groovy hook. "They Won't Go When I Go" is an extremely powerful and emotional tune, featuring only basic piano and George's soulful voice. We move more hopeful with the guitar strumming "Something to Save" that has an uplifting call to action for the listener. "Cowboys and Angels" is a mellow, jazzy mist of a ballad with a reflective, poignant tone that causes one to pause and just listen to the silky lyrics. "Waiting for That Day/You Can't Always Get What You Want" is a swaying and strumming attitude song that faces facts and points out the need to take responsibility for one's actions in the search for redemption. The tears flow down during "Mothers Pride," a haunting dirge that tells the story of a mother losing her son in a war. "Heal the Pain" helps dispel the grief with a happy, hopeful, fun guitar and percussion tune that hits home for every man who has ever been the shoulder to cry on for a someone he loved and wanted to be closer to. "Soul Free" is a funky dance floor groove that lets you, at least for a while, let go of your worries and just feel relaxed and content with who you are. The release conclude with "Waiting (Reprise)," a logical conclusion to the first "Waiting..." both musically and lyrically. While not a final solution, it leaves you with the hope and strength to carry on, knowing that, despite past mistakes, if you do what is right, things will get better.
Musically, there is something here for everyone, from old classics, to r&b, to folksy guitar rock, to dance. And in his lyrics and vocals, George Michael lets us share in his emotional journey; his pain becomes ours, and ours his. If you have the maturity and presence of mind to really listen, this album will touch your soul and will strike such a deep chord that you can't help but smile, cry, and look at the world in a new light. Listen Without Prejudice came out at a pivotal time in my life, and it helped shape the man I am today... and I would like to think that is a good thing. With an amazing strong 5 star rating, Listen Without Prejudice is one of my top 5 albums of all time. Given the pain and suffering we face as a society today, I would recommend this album to everyone on the planet as a source of reflection and self-realization. There is hope, but that hope comes from forgiveness and strength of character within, not from others around you.