David and Beth would rather her live with them and save money for college, but their daughter had always had a mind of her own.  They never could control her, and they knew trying to do so was just as unhealthy as her choice of life style.

"I'm sure she'll be off soon.  She'll call back."  Beth felt she had no reason to be pessimistic.

But Kate never did call back...

-------

They were back upstairs in the den.  Kate sat motionless on the couch staring into the fire.  She felt rather numb.

Todd approached her with a glass of Merlot.  "Here you are, my love."  

She didn't react to his words at all and took the wine glass.  Her movements were slow.  Her hands were no longer shaking.  Her heart was no longer pounding.

Not seeming to think anything of it -or perhaps it was that he was happy about it- Todd sat down next to her very close.  He watched as she sat holding the glass in both hands.  "Drink," he ordered.  "You'll feel better."

Kate obeyed without pause, downing the drink in seconds.  She was dehydrated from throwing up, after all, and hadn't had anything to drink since the hot tea in the kitchen.

He grinned victoriously.  "More?"  She nodded and he stood to get the bottle.  Sitting next to her again, he poured her glass full and watched as she gulped down over half of it.  The prospect of her future intoxication excited him.  He topped her drink off with a chuckle.  That future was approaching quickly.  

She didn't care..  In fact, she welcomed the buzz she was beginning to feel.  Anything to decrease this pain..  And she wasn't just referring to her physical pain.  She was also referring to the emotional impact this entire ordeal was having on her.

"Now," Todd began, ready to talk business.  "I will refrain from bringing up what happened in the basement, as I'm sure it was quite.. troubling.  What I would like to talk about is our future.  You're ready to start a future with me, aren't you Katie?"  He was trying to be persuasive.

The sober side of Kate knew it was a rhetorical question, but the drunk, uninhibited side wanted to answer anyway.  She was definitely feeling the wine now.  "Well, what kind of future did you have in mind?"  Her voice was husky, which surprised her.

Todd liked it.  A lot.  He moved a piece of blonde hair behind her ear and ran his fingers through it.  "I was thinking marriage," he explained.  "We'll start slow, of course.  A short period of engagement, that sort of thing.  We wouldn't want to cause suspicion from others now, would we?" 

She actually laughed feeling very good by now.  "You'd let other people know?"  Her speech was slurred.  "I thought this was a kidnapping."

"Kidnapping is such a strong term," he chuckled.  "I'd like to refer to it as 'forming a life together'."

Kate drank some more of her wine.  "So, I'm still gonna have to stay here?"

"Oh yes, of course.  Your apartment is far too dangerous.  I'm helping you by letting you move in."

"That's what we'll tell people?"  She felt incredibly relaxed and comfortable.

"Well, I'm actually still mulling over that."  Todd didn't want to talk about it anymore, not when the gorgeous girl beside him was so vulnerable.  He couldn't resist moving her hair away from her neck.  Then he moved forward and placed multiple light kisses on her delicate skin.  "How are you feeling, Katie?"

Kate knew that what was happening was sick and wrong, but her head felt too fuzzy to stop it.  "A little.. light-headed."

He took the glass from her hands and raised it to her lips.  "Drink more," he whispered.  He tilted the glass urging her to drink it.

She obliged.  The Merlot tasted really good, although she'd never been a big fan of wine before.  In all honesty, though, that was the last thing on her mind right now.  She finished the rest of it quickly.  

Ten minutes later like ten seconds when Todd suddenly commented, "It seems we've finished the entire bottle."  Kate's head was rolling.  She hiccuped.

Todd knew it was time.  "Ready for bed?"  He stood and watched as his precious Katie stumbled to her feet.  And then she nearly fell over.  He caught her before she could fall.  "It'll be my pleasure to carry you."  He picked her up and began walking towards the steps leading upstairs to his master bedroom, which was now theirs.

Kate was too drunk to pay much attention to what was happening.  Her head fell against his shoulder.

It was all part of Todd's plan.  He smirked knowing he was in for a very good night, indeed.

-------

Sick.  Twisted.  Yeah.  Kate should've known better, but, well, she's not exactly in her right mind currently...  I'm sure you can guess what happens next.  I want to tell you ahead of time, I am not going to be writing a rape scene.  The story's PG-13, for one thing.  For another, I cringe just thinking about it, let alone writing it.  I hope that's ok with you.  You will see what I do with the story in due time :-)

I hope this chapter turned out ok.  Please let me know!  I REALLY appreciate the reads and reviews!  You people are amazing!

I'll try to update soon!

-Lauren