I

"She lost her brother a month ago"

___________________________

Levi Ackerman sat at his desk, clutching his writing utensil in his right hand. His other hand, cupped his head as he worked on the agonizing task that was paperwork. He went over his list of things he had to get done, staring at the paper with his stoic and bored expression. Slumping in his chair, Levi's eyes started to flutter shut until he was ever so rudely interrupted by a knock on his door.

"Captain?"

Levi jolted up out of his seat, fixing his messed up and crumpled cravat as he walked to the door. The figure on the other side was about to knock on the door again just as it opened, causing the person to hit Levi on the forehead.

"Oh my goodness. I am so sorry, Captain." The person in front of him said. Levi looked at the person before him, with their striking, light brown eyes, and their bright auburn hair. The person was astoundingly recognizable.

"What do you want, Petra?" Levi replied grimly, as he rubbed the spot on his forehead where Petra had accidentally hit him. He looked at her in a nonchalant manner, which caused Petra to turn into a blushing and flustered mess.

"I'm so so sorry Lance Corporal Levi Ackerman! I didn't mean to hit you like that!" Petra said, shyly, drawing off of the topic of why she was really there.

"Tch." Levi spoke. "Petra you don't have to be so formal with me. Now what was it you wanted to ask me?" She fiddled with her thumbs and looked down.

"Well, dinner's ready. If you want to come down." Petra said softly, still looking down in embarrassment.

"Will that be all?" Levi questioned, only to get a slight head nod in response. "You are excused." Petra saluted, then began to walk off to the staircase until she was interrupted by the voice of her superior. "And Petra, look at me while you are speaking to me."

In a hurry, Petra nodded and fled down the stairs, causing her to trip down the last two or three steps. Levi just did his signature 'Tch' at the ruckus being caused by the clumsy girl. She must have fallen, he thought, amused.

Petra jumped back onto her feet and walked into the kitchen as if nothing had happened. A dizzy and confused Petra walked into the kitchen, rethinking her life decisions, when she came across more chaos than her falling down the stairs.

"Oh hey Petra! Geez! What happened to you? Your hair is all messed up." Gunther exclaimed at her, as his voice cracked due to him being choked up in a headlock.

"What?! Me? Oh, I'm fine. But what is going on with you two!?" Petra replied in a both worried and shocked tone. She had her eyes fixated on Eld holding Gunther in a headlock with one arm, and in the other he held a cake stained fork. Gunther, on the other hand, had an ugly frown on his face while he smacked at Eld's arm in a sad excuse of an attempt to break free.

"This guy tried to take a bite of my cake." Eld said with a smirk on his face. Even though Gunther was unable to see Eld's face, he could hear the smugness of his voice causing Gunther to become even more upset.

"Why are you even eating cake! You eat cake after dinner. We haven't even eaten dinner yet!" Gunther retorted, trying to wiggle out of Eld's grasp. Petra just stood there, dumbfounded, unsure of what to do.

"Guys, stop it!" Petra said loudly. The only response she got was one that could only escalate the situation ever more.

"Tch, brats. Stop causing such a ruckus. You're making a mess." Auruo said as he meandering into the kitchen, fixing his own little makeshift cravat.