˗ˋ 49

CHAPTER FORTY NINE

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH SHE MAKES HER WAY TO THE PITCH

. . .

It was weeks after the Hogsmeade visit when Elodie would finally get any idea of what the third and final task fo the Triwizard Tournament would entail.

In fact, the Easter holidays had come and passed, the two week holiday which was spent during the much sunnier days at Hogwarts. Fred and George had taken the opportunity to work of their products, considering that they weren't going home for it, like many other students. 

Elodie had done her very best to help with it, but had been   whisked off by Fleur so that she could try and find another suitable suitor - her and Roger Davies did not work out after the stint he pulled during the Hogsmeade day.

Finding another man for Fleur had included 'preparing' themselves. The two best friends had snuck into the prefects bathrooms on far too many occasions, Fleur getting her mother to send them several different skin, hair and whatever else treatments. 

Elodie had been lathered in multiple scrubs, masks and honestly god knows what, had her hair done so many times and makeup, nails and so many clothes. Fleur was not reinventing herself, as Elodie would call it, but rather elevating and enhancing the woman she already was. 

Fleur was not just any Fleur, but Fleur Delacour afterall.

And Elodie also had her suspicions that Fleur had become rather lonely. Rather upset, or at least the slightest, tiniest bit jealous as her relationship with Fred. In all honesty, Elodie didn't blame her one bit for feeling that way. 

How it could seem in the part-veela's eyes was different to be how the champion saw it, but she thought it went something like this: best friends arrive at Hogwarts, one best friend gets chosen for the Triwizard Tournament and finds a very close significant other during that time. Other best friend doesn't get chosen, finds possible fling but ends up with no one, and their best friend spending time with their new partner.

If Elodie was in Fleur's position, she could've quite easily gotten upset. And she had explained this to Fred, who was more than happy than to let her spend the holidays with Fleur. So she did, meeting up with Fred every now and again.

It was good for them to spend some time apart, not spend every day together and let each other have alone time. That was also necessary for a good relationship, and considering they didn't have any obligations such as classes which would have kept them seeing each other, the Easter holidays would be the perfect opportunity for this. 

After the holidays, they fell back into their usual routine. Nights spent in the common room, Elodie making her way back to the Beauxbatons quarters either in the dark of the dusk, depending on just how long Fred had kept her up in Gryffindor tower.

They had only managed to find one possible suitor for Fleur, a boy in Slytherin named Xander. He didn't seem to be too far into this blood purity thing to make him prejudiced - he was fine with Fleru being part-veela, and from what Elodie had heard, actually rather nice.

Classes of course resumed, as did the regular timing of meals. Elodie would jump between the Ravenclaw and Gryffindor tables as usual, and was sat in between Fred and George at dinner, talking to Angelina when the message came for her.

Madame Maxime had strutted over, heels making her even more unbelievably tall than usual. She had informed Elodie that at nine that night, Mr Bagman wanted to talk to the champions and that they should make their way down to the Quidditch pitch. 

Elodie told Fleur of this, and Fred and George had walked her to the exit that would take her down to where the stadium was - it seemed a bit different than usual, apparently.

She set off a little bit earlier than she needed to, and wasn't the only one of the path as she strolled along in the fading sun. Cedric and Harry were in front of her, not too far apart and having some form of conversation. 

The female champion reached the stadium, and went through the entrance onto the pitch. She had played Quidditch at Beauxbatons, and knew exactly what your standard pitch should look like. 

And she was sure that during any other year, the Hogwart's pitch would be majestic. However Fred and George were right, it did look different. The Quidditch field was no longer smooth and flat. It looked as though somebody had been building long, low walls all over it that twisted and crisscrossed in every direction.

They were hedges, after Elodie had taken a moment to examine them. Then she saw Ludo Bagman, and made her way over. Ready to finally hear what the third task would consist of. 

And just how dangerous it could be.

✧