˗ˋ 48

CHAPTER FORTY EIGHT

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH THEY TALK

. . .

Elodie had disappeared to the bathroom not too long after Fleur had met up with Roger, and when she returned she found that George had seemingly left them there as well. 

As it turned out, Fred had somehow managed to convince George to go and find Angelina so that he and Elodie could have some alone time. The alone time had consisted of managing to convince Mrs Flume; the woman who ran Honeydukes that specific Hogsmeade day to give them free fudge, drinking more butterbeer, and Elodie listening intently whilst Fred told her about his favourite Zonko's products. 

It had ended up as a really love date for them both, something which Elodie hadn't expected. But it was actually quite nice for them to have alone time outside of the castle. 

"So Ellie, I suppose it's back to your usual hardwork." Fred said, hands intertwined hands swinging between them. 

"Shut up." Elodie giggled. "You know that I've done practically nothing for the third task. I still have months to go, though. I was supposed to have my exams this year but.." She shrugged.

"Upset you're missing them? We have NEWTs next year, and I'm not exactly looking forward to that." Fred continued, pulling Elodie down an alleway, which would take them on a quicker route back to school. 

"I suppose.. NEWTs are more important than OWLs, so if I haven't done them I should be fine if I move." Elodie considered. 

"If you move.. I really would like you to." Fred said, and Elodie looked slightly confused at how serious it had turned. "I'm serious, I would be really happy if you moved. But if you don't want to that's fine." His tone turned light and somewhat airy, and the Beaumont girl giggled. 

"You know I'm probably going to. It's just my parents that I need to speak to. I might write them a letter before I go home, I might be killed if I suddenly bring it up at dinner one night." She considered.

"Good idea, let them know and hope you don't get a Howler back." Fred replied, laughing at the thought of the girl recieving one of the red letters at breakfast one day.

"I've never got a Howler before." Elodie suddenly said, and Fred stared. "Never got one, ever." She repeated. "Have you got one?"

"Many. Mostly from my mum about how we had left something in our room that exploded when they entered, or they had heard about some prank that we had gotten caught for. I'm pretty sure in our third year we got at least ten in the summer term alone." Fred mused, a mischievous glint in his eye as he reminisced. 

"Ten? Merlin I don't think I could even have come near you if you got that many. My parents might have killed me, if I was lucky." Elodie's eyes were wide, and Fred looked down at her, a faked look of shock on his features.

"Oh my god I'm dating a goody-two-shoes." Fred gasped, and Elodie laughed, letting go of his hand and gently hitting his shoulder. 

"You're not.. kind of. Anything bad that I've ever done I've just been smart enough to not get caught." Elodie shrugged, and Fred looked please.

"I suppose me and George could do with someone like that around." He said, pretending not to be as interested as he really was. "And Snape hates you, practically the perfect girl." 

"Perfect, huh?" Elodie smiled to herself, before frowning. "You know I never wanted Snape to hate me.." 

"It's because he's jealous of your incredible potion skills and education. To be fair I am as well, guess you'll just have to be the one who makes all the potions for our business." Fred smiled, looking a little lost in his own world as he thought about his possible future job.

"If I manage to survive the third task. I just want them to tell me what's in it so I can begin to prepare for it and get Madame Maxime off my back. She sent me a little reminder note the other day, got an owl to send it and everything." Elodie looked annoyed, but it just made Fred laugh. 

"Tell her I'll make sure you practise, I'll even help you, get into her good books so she can help convince your parents it's a good idea to move." Fred shrugged, and at a reminder of her and Madame Maxime's meeting a few days before, Elodie smiled.

"I don't think she needs any more convincing." The girl said, and Fred looked over at her, a matching smile appearing on his own face. It seemed that he was already in Madame Maxime's good books. 

Which was good, considering Elodie would need all the support she could get from her headmistress when asking her parents about this.

a/n
yes this was a filler
but merry christmas/
happy holidays! <3