32

Trigger warning: Anxiety, Suicide thoughts

"Of course, he will continue the Borjador's legacy in Agriculture. Siya ang panganay ko, kaya siya rin ang magmamana nito."

I was listening to Dad's words while talking to a man who looked older than him. I was holding my Mom's hands while Dad was holding Kuya Ryder's hand. He introduced my brother to the man he was talking to. I looked around and noticed that we were in our family's company. That's what Mom said to me when we arrived. This is our family's legacy, she said. An Agriculture business.

"Your son is already 12 years old, I think he can start learning how to run the company." The man laughed and looked at my brother who was not showing any emotions. He looked bored.

"Of course he will, my son is smart." Dad laughed. "But the time will come that he would. Gusto ko munang i-enjoy niya ang pagiging bata."

I was just listening to them while observing my brother. I wanted to approach him and tell him that I would study with him if ever Dad would asked him to.

When we got home, my Kuya went straight to our room. Napailing na lang si Daddy sa kaniya.

"Kita mo 'yang Kuya mo, hindi man lang nagsalita kanina tapos ngayon ganiyan ang ipapakita sa akin na ugali." Dad sounded mad.

"Maybe he felt a little pressured, Dad." I told him. I am not a young boy anymore who does not know any of the things that is happening in my family. I am already eight, I know that my brother doesn't want to run the business in the future.

"No one's pressuring him, River. He still has a lot of years to study. He can take the business when I'm old enough to run it."

I was just listening to Dad ranting about Kuya. My Mom was trying to calm him down.

I went upstairs and went to our room. Kuya and I are sharing in one room because his room was being renovated. Tinanong kami nina Daddy at Mommy kung sino ang gustong maunang ma-renovate ang kwarto. They taught us that we are brothers so we should learn to wait. One at a time. My brother doesn't care at all but I knew he wanted to so I told them that they should do Kuya's room first. Okay lang naman sa akin kahit hindi renovated. I like my room because it's simple and neat.

I saw Kuya busy reading a comic book while sitting on his bed. Nilipat muna ang kama niya rito sa kwarto ko.

"Kuya, what are you reading?" I asked him, trying to make a conversation. We didn't really talk that much even before. Palagi akong kay Lola Ingrid natutulog noon dahil gustong-gusto ko roon sa bahay niya. I like the ambiance of her house.

"Just something interesting." Tipid na sagot niya.

"Can I read that too?" I asked.

He sighed. "After me. Can you please be quiet? I want to read peacefully." He said. I just nodded and went to some of my toys that I love playing with. It's a puzzle to build a small house and small buildings. I really enjoy building these kind of things. I wonder if I could really build a real one.

My life is really quiet. I don't have any friends too because I was too quiet for others. I only talk to them whenever we have groupwork but I don't really have anyone whom I could talk to after school. I actually enjoy it because it was peaceful.

Hindi rin naman maingay sa bahay dahil busy sa trabaho ang parents ko. Kuya Ryder and I were just talking whenever our parents asked us to call each other. I was trying to ask him to play basketball with me because I really love it but he won't play with me and would always tell me that he was sleepy or busy.