Chapter 12 : Wolf vs Horse (Part 2)

Normal P. O. V

"Fight me, and you will find out..."

Guren was shocked, confused, and a little afraid now. He didn't have any weapon to fight Large with. Or does he....

As if on cue, his Tenkai Ruby began to shine again. And just like Kage, it turned into a sword.

Kage : Well, I see that your Ruby really reacts to you.

Guren : What do you want, Kage?.

Kage : You'll see...

Then he attacked Guren with his sword. Now, it's a one-on-one duel. Guren was glad that he trained alone a few times, so he was able to match Kage's power.

But, that doesn't change the fact that he's still confused. Kage gave a little smirk at Guren as they fought.

Kage : You're good at this. As expected from the leader of the Tenkai Knights. But, I can sense that you're a little bit unsettled by this sudden event. So, I will let you ask a few questions.

Guren : Okay then. First, where are we?.

Kage : This is Tsuro. Or should I say what's left of it.

Guren : How?!. I thought that Tsuro disappeared after your battle with the Knight of Salvation, Sukui!!.

Kage : DON'T YOU DARE SAY THAT NAME IN FRONT OF ME!!.

The shadows around Kage grow bigger. It turned into more swords and all of them went to Guren. He managed to dodge a few, but some of them hit Guren's body as he screams in pain.

Surprisingly, Kage sighed as the shadows around him disappeared. He looked at Guren seriously.

Kage : You two are definitely alike.

Guren : W-what?.

Kage : You're the same as that stupid, Sukui!. Always, had friends beside you. Seeing only the light. And FORGETTING the darkness!.

Guren was surprised by Kage's sudden outburst. Kage was even starting to let out tears.

Kage : I know what you're going to ask next; What happened between me and Sukui?.

Guren : Yes.

Kage : *sigh* Me and Sukui are the protectors of Quorton and Earth. And we once called Tsuro our home.

Guren : But I thought that the Guardians were the protectors of Quorton and Earth.

Kage : They only protect the balance and the portal. While the two of us protected the actual connection between worlds. Sukui controls the light and I control the shadows.

Guren : Light and Shadows, huh?.

Kage : *looking down* However, people always submitted to Sukui's light rather than my shadows. I was never acknowledged by anyone!. I'll admit I was jealous by Sukui. So I tried to find a way to get rid of him. You can see how THAT went.

Guren : Kage...

Kage : *smirk* Hehehe but that was in the past. I have a new plan in mind. And you're going to help me, Bravenwolf....

Guren : W-what are you going to do?!.

Kage : *slash his sword* This!!.

Guren : What the- AKKHHH!!!.

Kage swiftly attacked Guren. He was caught completely off guard by Kage's attack and got hit pretty hard. He landed on a big crystal behind him. Only then, he realized that he had more scares than he expected and that his Core Brick was glowing red.