"Why do you think she called us?" Jeongguk asks.

"I'm not sure..." (Y/N) replies. 'Maybe she wants you to sing two songs at the debut performance!'

"It's connected!" Seokjin exclaims.

"Hello! We are Bang! Tan! Boys!"

<PD Kim>

(Y/N) answers, "Hello, Ms. Kim? We're at our music video shoot-"

PD Kim:
"I'm sorry, please don't take this the wrong way...But I'm afraid that this might not work."

The news that come over the speakerphone, was by far the worst thing (Y/N) could possibly hear right now.

PD Kim:
"Your agency doesn't have any name recognition in the industry, so I'm facing a lot of push-back for giving you a spot."

*Timeskip*

People say there are five stages to accepting loss.

The first stage is denial.

"Manager, is it true? Is our debut really cancelled?" Taehyung asks in disbelief, still feeling shocked by the news.

Seokjin shakes his head in denial, "You're kidding, right? Right? There must be a hidden camera recording this for the blog."

Hoseok goes along with it, "Let's wrap up the video shoot. Our debut is coming. We don't have time for this!"

The second step is anger.

Yunki sits on the couch at the dorm, fuming with anger. "When I get my hands on that producer, I'm gonna make sure her lying tongue never speaks another word!"

Namjun furiously pulls clumps of his hair, clenching his fists. "Waaaaaaaa! Arghhhhhhhhh!"

Hoseok tries to ease the two, "Ho-hold on! Don't break things! Let's talk it out."

The third step is compromise.

"What if we don't sing a whole song? What if we just do the intro- just one minute! Can we ask for that?" Jimin asks, hoping to do something about this whole thing.

Jeongguk thinks for a second while laying down on the dance studio floor. "N Countdown was too ambitious. Can we do a local song contest instead?"

"Guys..." Hoseok feels bad for his maknaes.

When compromising falls, the fourth step- depression- come along.

Hoseok finds someone sitting alone in a dark and lonely spot. "Taehyung, why are you sitting in the corner? Where were you during practice?"

Taehyung can only mumble out, "In my next life, I want to be reborn as a pebble."

"...Taehyung?"

He turns around and sees his hyung standing before him. "Oh...I'm just meditating about the meaninglessness of life."

Hoseok's eyes widen by his response, "...This is serious."

The last step is- acceptance.

Hoseok's comes inside the dorm, "Guys! Hyungs! Come out! I brought the best medicine to cheer us up! Fried chicken! C'mon..." He holds up two bags of fried chicken as he shouts, but nobody comes out of their rooms. "Hmm...This is bad...I need to do something!"

Hoseok heads over to (Y/N)'s room and slowly opens the door. "...Manager? Are you awake?"

No answer.

"Everyone's acting weird lately. You should come-"

"...Hoseok?" A hoarse voice rings out.

"...Jeez!" Hoseok jumps up in fear. "Manager, what happened to your voice...? You scared me..." He walks to her and places his palm on her forehead, his voice full of concern. "Are you sick?"

(Y/N) doesn't show any expression, but nods slowly. "I'm fine...What are you asking me to do?"

"Y-yeah. It's about the group. Um..."

"What about them?

Hoseok's eyebrows furrow, feeling terrible seeing her like this. "They're...all worried about you, Manager. Don't skip meals." He places his hand on top of hers for comfort. "Take care of yourself, okay? I mean it, it's hard enough seeing the others act this way. I don't want to see the same happen to you, (Y/N)." Not receiving an answer, he places his head on top of hers, carefully placing a small peck on top of her head. Hoseok places a bag of chicken on the floor, leaves the room and closes the door quietly behind him.

Still, there are no calls from the broadcasting company.

(Y/N) can only lay in her bed, feeling numb. 'Are we ever gonna get a shot at debuting?'

Time passes without any updates, and her anxiety gets worse and worse. The hardest part for her, is seeing the group struggle through this and knowing there's nothing she can do to make it better.

The notification bell on her phone rings.

'Ah! What if it's from the broadcasting company?!'

She opens her phone, thinking that there is still some hope. But she thought wrong...

President:
[So, the debut is cancelled?]

(Y/N)'s heart stopped. 'My boss has never responded to me when I actually needed him...why is he texting me NOW?'

President:
[You should've listened to me when I
told you to do a good job. This is
exactly what I was trying to warn
you about. Tsk, Tsk.]

She can't even be mad at his teasing. She feels as if this is all her fault. She begins to type 'I'm sorry' to the president, but another message arrives before she finishes it.

President:
[Are our trainees not good? Maybe
that's why. Hehe!]
[What do you think? Maybe we
should fire them and get a batch of
fresh faces. How does that sound?
Hehe]

"..."

(Y/N)'s numb expression turns into a face of fury and offense. She types back fast and furiously.

(Y/N):
[Please watch your mouth.]
[They're all hard-working and
talented young men.]

'They've been working so hard for so long! What does he know, anyway? He hasn't been here!'

(Y/N):
[You'll see. We can do it. You're going
to regret that joke.]

President:
[You think? I'm a businessman. I
need proof to decide whether to keep investigating my assets.]
[Guess what? So far, you've shown
me nothing.]
[You know, it's my money you're
spending everyday to rent practice
space and keep those boys in the
dorm?!]
[On that note, if they don't debut by
the end of this month...Hehe]

...

[The contract will be terminated.]

He sends her no more messages.

(Y/N)'s heart beats rapidly at the conversation. She feels her anxiety shoot through the rooftop.

"How could he do this without any discussion?!" She feels her eyes water as they pour down to her cheeks. "Is this...it?"

The company president sent an ultimatum with a deadline, and the clock's already ticking. But...

"Even if all the members are frustrated...I can't be. There's still more I can do for them." She wipes away her tears and puts on an expression of determination. "After all, I'm the manager of BTS!"
.
.
.
After making that promise, (Y/N) spent the rest fo her days pulling all-nighters, booking back to back-to-back meetings, and rarely getting any sleep at all. She relies on coffee, mainly double shots of espresso, to keep herself energized for every meeting. Leaving her no chance to spend any time to herself...or to the boys.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
A/N: Hey guys!! Sorry I've been gone for a while but i was enjoying the holidays. Hope that this chapter satisfies you guys enough. Also don't forget to Like, Comment, and Share if you want to help give this story more love. And the link to the discord is down below👇 It doesn't seem that big, but I hope to expand it soon.

https://discord.gg/W7AK5j7aXw

As always, I purple all you beautiful ARMY and have a safe and happy day 💜 🌸 🦋