Chapter 1: Cold Floor

Authors Note: Hello! This is my very first fanfiction, so apologies if I don't get the characters as close to how they are irl. If anyone does happen to find this story, then welcome and thank you for reading :) I've always wanted more irl fanfics on dream smp members so figured I should try writing my own. Feel free to leave feedback and suggestions. Warning: This story includes mild violence and blood. (Art credit of cover: Theo_zZ)

________________________________________________________________________________

It was an icy winter evening. The sun had long since set, despite it only being 5:30pm. The street was empty, lampposts casting long shadows across the pavement and buildings as Tommy made his way home. He gave a tired sigh, school had seemed to drag on forever, the last of his energy had been drained away, leaving his movements heavy and lethargic. His vision narrowed it's focus onto the pavement and his feet as he became lost in thought, eager to get home.
He had been walking for some time when a small ping from his phone brought him briefly out of his dazed trance. Fumbling with numb fingers he pulled out his phone and a light smile came to his face, it was a message from Tubbo.

Tubbo: Hey wanna play some bed wars tomorrow? :D

He quickly wrote a reply.

Tommy: Yeah! I'll show you my epic speed bridging skills and destroy you in all the games 

Tubbo: Yeah just you try, I won't let you win that easily!

Tommy chuckled and was about to text more when a strange sense came over him for a brief moment. The sensation of someone being near and watching closely... 

He glanced around nervously, but no one was there. As he stood still, the eerie silence of his surroundings set in. He suddenly felt more unsettled and vulnerable. A lamp post flickered and the trees whispered in the wind, the shadows of their skeletal branches clawing over the path. He was in quite a secluded area, with only quiet roads few cars passed on. He did also leave school later than usual, so the traffic flow of students heading home was long gone. The feeling of being watched crept back to him and he shivered. 

Not liking the fact he was stood still, he continued walking, coming to a narrow alley way. No, he was definitely alone, his brain was just making things up; He tried to assure himself. This was just the same route he took any other day. Yet the paranoia didn't subside. Tommy quickened his pace, now even more eager to get home.
As he was about to exit the alleyway, he came to an abrupt stop. He clutched his hands tightly, only then realising how much they were shaking. With growing dread, he titled his face just enough to glance behind him, and he felt his blood run cold. A tall, shadowed man was standing there behind him a few meters away; He wore all-black clothes with a hood concealing his face.
It only took Tommy a second after looking to turn around sharply and make a dash for the end of the alleyway. He wasn't going to wait a moment more to see what they would do, all he needed to think about was escape. His mind was racing, maybe he could lose him around a corner or find somewhere to hide. But the man did not follow, he just stood and watched...A cruel grin spreading over his face.

There was a flash of black, and a strangled cry escaped Tommy's throat when the air was brutally knocked out of him. A second person had tackled him from the side, and the momentum from him sprinting sent him flying further to a painful crash on the cold concrete path. Tommy hissed in pain, clutching his side that had hit the curb. His eyes widened in panic as he noticed the man coming closer, and wildly kicked out with his legs as he scrambled back up. Rough hands grabbed at his mouth, and his call for help was cut short. He made more muffled screams as he desperately struggled in their immensely strong grip. But it was all in vain. He kicked and clawed at everything, the adrenaline driving him to fight. But still, the man didn't budge, and easily dragged him back to the ground.

"Stop squirming!" A gruff voice spat in annoyance as a punch made contact with his stomach, bringing tears to his eyes as he doubled over. Before he could regain his senses there was a harsh kick to his head. The beating continued for a few moments, gaining more blows to his head and stomach. Then the rough hands were picking him up, painfully pressing onto his injured side. Amidst the ringing in his head he faintly heard the sound of a van starting and a sliding door opening. It's headlights lit up the pavement that now glistened with dark blood. He struggled to keep his eyes open, watching his limp arms dangling in front of him. He trembled in pure terror as he realised what was happening. He was being kidnapped. He was actually being kidnapped. And he couldn't do anything about it, he was weak and helpless. Pathetic. His thoughts drifted to Tubbo and his other friends and family. He wondered what they were doing right now. He didn't want to be taken from them. 

"Please... Someone help me" His final plea was barley a whisper as he finally fell unconscious. His tears fell slowly, splashing into the hard, cold floor.