Even though my training is more bearable, it doesn't mean that the ache in my bones completely goes away.

The day before I return to school, I can barely move my joints, as if my whole body is swollen. As I painfully sit in my chair, editing my latest photographs, my mind wanders. I think of ways to break the news about my current relationship with Shoto to my classmates. I had considered if we should keep it a secret, but that would only make the rest of the class more excited when they find out. I just don't know how to tell it to them.

As my head buzzes, it slowly strays to Shoto. We've only been on one date so far before the Nomu attack, and today I am in desperate need of company. I am tired of editing photographs already. With a small sigh, I dial his number, waiting for him to pick up. When a click from the other side sounds, I waste no time.

"Sho-yo."

"Y... yes?"

"Are you busy right now? Are you doing anything?"

"I had been studying for our return to school tomorrow, but I'm just about done."

"I'm bored. Alessia's training is killing me and I've got nothing else to do. Do you like movies?"

A pause on the other line. I can almost imagine his face, scrunched up in confusion.

"I don't watch a lot, so I'm unsure."

"Come over. We can watch some together."

Another pause.

"Sure. I'll be there in an hour."

Don't let me go.

I tell Azani and Alessia about Shoto's arrival, to which both of them agree to leave me alone while he is there. We discuss in the kitchen as Ami chomps on some food.

"I can put Ami to bed so she won't bother you," Azani offers, patting her head as she spits out the food Alessia had handed her.

"You can eat it yourself," Alessia scoffs, offended by Ami's reluctance.

"I don't wanna go to bed..." she whines.

Azani ignores both of them with a satisfied smile. "Could he stay for dinner? If he is, I'll make sure Alessia—"

"You're not making me do anything," Alessia grumbles, crossing her arms and preparing to stalk out of the room. Azani whirls her back around, clasping her shoulders firmly.

"Oh yes you are, sweetheart! Ikari's boyfriend deserves the best treatment!"

Alessia groans. "They've only been dating for a week!"

I stifle a laugh just when the doorbell rings. It takes me no time to race to the door, eager to see Shoto. When I fling the door open, I don't even give him time to greet me before I wrap my arms around his neck, squeezing tight, savoring his minty smell. Moments later, I feel a pair of hands wrap around my back as well. When I pull away, a blush dusts Shoto's cheeks.

"Did you finish your internship yesterday?" I ask, leading him into the house by his hand.

"Yes."

I continue to talk to him as I guide him up an extravagant set of stairs. When I look back, his eyes quietly survey the gilded chairs, sparkling marble, and diamond chandeliers.

"Your house is beautiful. It's certainly an upgrade from your last."

I chuckle, tugging him along further.

"And you know who did it, Sho-yo?" I ask, as I open the door to my room. I turn around just when he closes the door. "You." I stick a finger in his chest. "And I will never thank you enough for it."