"Nigga." Cole said.

"Not a like birthday party... you know I think we owe him a little bit more than that, something with a little more couth." Cecil responded, walking to the fridge just to see what was in there.

"Like what." Cobe asked.

"He go a lot that needs to be celebrated that none of us have actually taken the time to do aside from saying a bullshit ass 'congrats nigga im proud of you'.  Dame has graduated College, he been doing his thing on the art scene, got his gallery storefront opening up soon, a baby on the way." Cecil started listing off Dame's recent accomplishments.

"So, you... come back from God knows where and tell US... the niggas who been here with him the WHOLE damn time... that we don't show my nigga NO love?" Cole sucked his teeth, "Get the fuck outta here." Cole dismissed.

"That's not even what he tryna say."

"Actually, it is."Cecil said casually. "Have either of you even been to his new building yet? He been putting in hella work all by his self. So, that being said, I want US. all of us, including YOU" Cecil said nodding toward Cole, "You" he nodded toward Cobe, " and me..." He finished on a low note. "...to do better. We don't give Dame the credit he deserves. He prolly thinks all of us are aloof to the things he's out here doing."

"aLoOF" Cole snickered.

"You a child." Cobe smiled at him.

"Listen, we got five days to put this together. Yall helping me or not?"

"I'm in." Cole mumbled, over the whimsical music coming from the game he was playing.

"Cobe?" Cecil aked, watching him as he unintentionally watched Cole.

"Yeah, yeah, me too." Cobe answered.

"Dad!" C3 called from the other room causing Cole to look in the direction from which the voice came. His heart sank at the word, remembering the content of his last conversation with Jill. Once Cecil left the room, Cobe turned his attention on Cole. "So..." He started, gaining the eyes of the other. "I was wondering if I could get some insight on the other night?"

"What? Reece? Um... the baby's good... it was a false alarm but she did have to sta-"

"Not that."

"What then?" Cole asked, nervous that Cobe may somehow have found out what happened between he and Lonnie two nights ago.

"I mean... Jill. She came by then left and you were all sad in the eyes like something h-"

"Ohh.. well that ain't really none of yo business." Cole mumbled, his hand moved to the back of his head where he began twisting his curls around his finger.

"Come o-"

"Hop off!." Cole said with more bass than before, catching the attention of everyone else in the house, evident by the sudden quiet. "Damn." Cole mumbled looking at Cobe as if making a point. He got up from the table and walked to his bedroom, slamming the door behind him.

Cobe was taken aback by the outburst, making him only more intrigued to know what had went down between the two last night.

Sade walked into the kitchen watching a shirtless Cobe as she opened the fridge and grabbed something to drink. "Nigga got issues." Sade stated, side eyeing Cobe.

"How you talking shit and you in his house?" Cobe snapped at her.

She cocked her head to the side, raising only one eyebrow about to clap back, but agreed that he was right. "Oooh. Yeah... that ain't a good look, huh?." She replied, taking a seat at the table to open her drink. "What he do? This a nice ass crib." she asked, complementing the space she was in.

"Used to be his pops place, he got it when he passed last year."

"Damn. That's tuff." She looked down. "So all yall related?" She started to count off her fingers, "You, ol' dude, Dame, and Light skin." She asked, referring to Cecil.

"Nah. None of us is blood." He looked over at Sade knowing she wanted him to explain by her expression, but he knew better than to tell Dame's business. If Dame wanted her to know anything, she wouldn't be coming to him. She took the hint and started looking around the kitchen.

"What yall got to eat in here? A bitch is starvin' like marvin."

Cobe opened his mouth to spew rude words along the lines of 'i don't live here' which would've be followed by a swift exit of the kitchen, but decided not to take out his irritation on the pregnant woman. If only he'd learned how to direct his feelings before, he and Cole's relationship might be a little less rocky, but now is as a good a time to start as any, he thought.

He went into the fridge and cabinets reading off everything they had and offering to heat her up something.

Cecil came back into the kitchen where Cobe and Sade were now having casual conversation.

"Oh you cooking?" He looked past Cobe's big arms to sneak a peak at what was on this stove. He nodded in approval, "YUP! That's my son's favorite. Mind making enough for him to get some?" he asked, making Cobe roll his eyes.

"I want some too!" Chey called from the living room.

Cecil put his hands up, shrugging his shoulders saying, "might as well make enough for everybody at this point." He smiled teasingly before backing out of the kitchen.

[tbc]

|02/15/2021|