I ignore the jealously and stare at the still beautiful girl standing in front of me. Something was seriously wrong. Was all this because of me? Did I do this to her?

"Are you okay?" I find myself stupidly asking. Of course she wasn't okay, I betrayed her in so many ways.

She looks up at me and I'm taken aback by the hatred that I see in her eyes. Did she really hate me that much?! Did I fuck up so badly that I had made her this angry? Of course I had, I was a fuck up and a waste of space that never deserved someone as pure as her.

"Am I okay?!" She repeats angrily. I stare at her, the same surprise at her outburst still evident on my face. I had never seen Em this angry and upset, I had seen other girls look at me this way after I had fucked them over or something but for some reason, when Em did it, it actually hurt me. A lot more than I care to admit.

"You're a fucking asshole Aiden.  All you do is care about yourself and don't think of how your actions affect those around you. I hate you. I wish more than anything that I had never met you because all you do is ruin my life." Emily yells. Her words hurt me profoundly and i'm even more taken aback. She was right. She pulls her arm from my grip and I don't fight it, I had caused her enough hurt already. She looks up at me with a hatred that I had never wanted to see from her, once again my heart aches that I had done this to her.

I hear her engine start and then suddenly; she's gone.

🎵🎶🎵

She was right, I was an asshole, I only cared about myself and I never cared about those around me. I didn't blame her for hating me, I didn't blame her for wishing she had never met me.

In fact, I wished that I had never met her as well because that would have saved me a lot of heartbreak. From the second that I had seen her, I just knew that she was different. She was absolutely gorgeous but didn't realize it or use it to her advantage like all the girls I used to fuck had.

Why did I have to fall for the purest girl that I would only break at the end?

The need for a drink returns even more intensely than earlier and this time, I don't fight it. I walk into the house and head straight for the liquor cabinet. I open a bottle of Bacardi and take a swig straight from the bottle. I grab a glass and pour some Bacardi in it before sitting on the couch and downing it quickly. I down another glass, and then another.

Suddenly I'm halfway through the bottle and feeling a lot better.

My phone rings and I answer it without looking at the ID, maybe it was Emily.

"Aiden?" I hear from the line.

"Toby," I groan. My words are a slur.

"What the fuck bro, I've been trying to reach you since yesterday!!!" Toby scolds.

"Blah blah blah," I reply. Toby stays silent for a moment.

"Are you drunk?" He finally says.

"I don't know, am I?" I reply childishly, rolling my eyes. What was he, my father? Jokes my father wouldn't give a fuck.

"Fucking hell Aiden, I'll be there in 10." Toby responds frustratingly before hanging up the phone.

I drop my phone beside me and shrug before downing another glass. Was this stuff starting to lose its taste or was it just me?

I wonder what Emily was doing right now. Was she at home and in bed with Dale or Luke watching a movie? Who cares though right? She hated me which meant that I was going to get over her.

I stare at the empty glass in front of me, I guess what they say is true; you only know the value of something when you lose it.

I hated that I didn't realize I loved her until it was too late, I was an idiot. I AM an idiot. I had to let her go, she deserved so much better than me. I knew that, everyone knew that, she probably knew that.