𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟗.

Itadori's POV

(Flashback)

"Ah!" Nobara's hand accidentally knocked over a cup of coffee. The black liquid spilled out and stained a shirt.

"Isn't that Gojo-sensei's?"

"Oh no... That's not good..."

The 4 of us did our best to remove the stain and tried everything but in the end, it didn't look too good. The stain was even more visible and even made the collared shirt look... uglier?

"We'll just buy a new one! Fushiguro, can you search up the cost?" Nobara said.

Fushiguro showed us the price. $2,415.46. (That's in US dollars according to Google) Our jaws dropped to the ground.

"Good morning ~ Ijichi should've... What's wrong, Megumi?" Gojo asked.

"N-Nothing..." Fushiguro replied, slightly irritated and ticked off.

The 3 of us were trying to hold in our laugh. Fushiguro looked like he had boobs with the shirt stuffed in his chest. Y/n pulled the shirt out, laughing like crazy with Nobara and I.

Here I was in the present, holding onto y/n's body for dear life. This hug that I embraced her in... I wanted it to last forever and I didn't want her to leave! I didn't want to let go! What kind of death was this?! It was an unfair one!!

"Sato... Wait... No... Please don't leave..."

"Who said I was gonna leave yet?"

I pulled out of the hug and checked her wrist. No marks!

"I'm a Semi-Grade 1 sorcerer. One touch is a 50/50 chance for me," she smiled.

"Thank goodness! You're alive!" I said. I wanted to cry.

But before I knew what was happening, Mahito was standing next to us. He changed his form so he could become faster! He grabbed y/n's wrist, let go, and ran away again. Too fast!

"Oh why did you let your guard down pretty girl ~," he chuckled. "You thought."

Y/n and I knew what was going to happen next. My eyes widened. No, no, no, no, no... NO!!

She smiled sadly and looked down at her wrist that Mahito grabbed.

"Ah... That's too bad... I messed up,"  she said, still smiling. I hugged her again, thinking that if I hugged her tight enough then all the bad things would go away and she would stay alive. I was like a kid that believed hiding under a blanket would protect you from monsters.

"Itadori," she said in my ear. "Did I... waste my potential?"

"No! No you didn't, Sato!" I answered. "You're one of my best friends and you're a kind girl with a loving and caring heart! You're strong and everyone should know that and acknowledge that! You're..." I cried.

"Going to die," she finished my sentence. "I've faced death many times before." She pulled out of the hug and put her hand on my head. "Don't be sad." And with that she collapsed.

Her body... lifeless. Eyes closed. No response. No pulse. No heart rate.

I had cracked at this point. Nobara, Nanami, y/n... But before I could even think about what I was feeling, I was getting punched and thrown and beaten by Mahito.

He was yelling nonsense that I didn't bother to comprehend. I wasn't listening. But before he was about to finish me off, I heard a clap.

Toudou had used his technique to switch places with himself and Mahito. I heard Toudou talk about something too, but I was so out of it.