𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟖.

Y/N's POV

My childhood wasn't that great at all. In fact, I was so much more different than the person I am today. I was apathetic, quiet, and even cold.

But that was because of my family. A father, mother, and 2 younger siblings. I was an outcast as the oldest child. Which is strange because I'm the oldest.

But no one in my family liked me, it was so obvious. Nobody supported my dreams, nobody gave me affection, nobody could say anything nice.

My 2 younger siblings didn't care, they enjoyed all the freedom and attention they were getting to realize my state.

But I remember when I was younger... I was always complimented on my "looks" by outside family members. Sure, it was nice and flattering for a change, but what about the others?

It was always me that was complimented and not my friends or anyone else. I felt bad. Everyone is beautiful.

And so when I decided what I wanted to be when I grew up, everyone was displeased.

"A Jujutsu sorcerer?! Hell no!!"

"You're just wasting your beauty!! Become a model or something!!"

"Stop wasting something only a few like you have!!"

That's where they were wrong. Beauty is something everyone has. It just appears to be more visible in some people in the eyes of others. Which is stupid.

But not everyone can be a Jujutsu sorcerer. Not everyone is born with a cursed technique like me. If I became a model... I would be wasting away something only a few have.

I would be wasting my own potential.

"Bachan... (Grandma) I want to be a Jujutsu sorcerer... A Shaman," I said. She was playing with my hair delicately with her fingers. It felt nice.

"Then be one," she said.

"Really? You're not against it?" I asked.

"I'll be happy with whatever choice you make. It's your life. So live it the way you want to. You only have one life. But I'm sure you've heard all that before."

"Thanks, Bachan..."

"I know you'll make the right decision in the end."

(Timeskip)

"You're gonna become a Jujutsu sorcerer?" My mom scoffed at me. My family and I were at the train station. I would soon leave to go to Tokyo Jujutsu High.

"Don't talk to me," my Dad said and walked away. I wanted to cry but my grandma hugged me and stopped the tears from flowing out.

"I'm proud of you, y/n. I'll miss you."

I hugged her back with a warm embrace that I would always remember the feeling of, and looked at my siblings who were just on their phones.

Part of me was happy that I would be leaving my family so I wouldn't be treated unfairly anymore, but I also wanted to prove them wrong one day so that they can finally be proud of me.