Eren gasps at the end of my thoughts, "Are you okay?" I finally ask.

"What's wrong? You're shaking...Are you scared?" Armin asks as Eren looks offended. 

"What? No! Of course I'm not scared," He defends. 

"Your hand is saying otherwise..." I said tilting my head his way. 

 "This is just 'cause it's cold out here! I feel like I'm gonna freeze my hands off out here!" Eren quietly shouts. 

"Is that all it is? I've been shaking, too. Just look at me..." Armin says holding up his lantern. 

"Really, I think all of our nerves are a bit unsettled, I mean maybe not Levi or Erwin but, I mean shit, I'm a bit scared too," I admit. 

"I can't really tell if you guys have ever been afraid of Titans," Armin says to the two of us. 

"That fear is all-consuming for most people...It was for me. the first time I saw a titan in flesh, I was so frightened, I couldn't move...Yeah... I was gonna die. But then you came and pulled me out of the Titans mouth...But how did you do it? Where did you find the strength?" Armin asks Eren. 

"I had a flashback...To the day you showed me your parent's book, the one you gave to (y/n)...And let's be real, you were trying to flirt, weren't you?" Eren asks as Armin's eyes go wide. 

"N-No! I just thought she would like it!" Armin stutters as his face goes red. 

"I thought it was adorable, not that I look back on it," I say as Armin hesitantly looks at me.  

"R-Really? You think so?" Armin asks as I smile. 

"Hey! Hey! Enough lovey-dovey stuff," Eren says as I roll my eyes. 

"Funny you say that because last night you said some pretty...How do I say this? Uh-" I think. 

"You wish it happened though," Eren interrupts my thoughts as I punch his shoulder. 

"No...I don't," I say crossing my arms. 

"That's not what your heart said when I was laying on top of you that one time. Yeah...That's right, I heard your heart go insane. I could tell you were begging-" Armin stops Eren. 

"Can you shut it!" Armin whispers. 

"Anyways, back to what I was saying...I had never thought of what the world beyond the walls. I would only sit on the ground and watch the clouds pass by, until, I heard your story and saw the look in your eyes. They were filled with this amazing dream. Like nothing, I'd known for myself. That's the day I realized...I had never been free. The world was as vast as our cage was small. Those monsters had taken it from us. Then, I realized that I couldn't forgive them. Couldn't tell you why, but,  when I think of that lost kingdom...I feel strong," Eren vents as I look up into the black sky. 

"Thanks for that you guys...You know what? I bet some time next year, around this time, we'll be staring at the sea..." Eren says as Mikasa gasps behind me. 

"This area. It's familiar. I think...We came here for firewood," Mikasa says looking up and around her surroundings. 

"I see the foot of the mountain! There are signs of a trail ahead!" A soldier yells. 

"Well, it looks like we're close," Eren says looking at Mikasa, Armin, and me. 

"I'm pretty sure I can hear a river," Mikasa comments. 

"We made it back. After all that's happened..." Armin says as we all look forward. 

"This will be our first time back since we fled as kids...Our hometown...Shiganishna," I say.