Spice up a basic outfit

We've all had those days where we just want to roll out of bed and all we could be bothered to wear is a t-shirt and a pair of jeans/leggings/shorts. Everyone wants to stay true to their t-shirt and jeans comfort zone. But we all want to look nice and cool, too. Let's see how you can look chic while having a basic outfit.

These tips are so easy, and that's one thing that's so cool about fashion: one or two small and unique touches can easily take your outfit from basic to jaw-dropping within seconds!

1) Tuck in (or half tuck) your shirt.

This can give you a bit more shape than when you wear a baggy shirt, and it can add some visual interest. It elongates your legs, and guess what? You'll still be comfortable.

2) Wear hoop earrings, or a statement necklace/bracelet.

There's just something that says "Wow, they sure have their stuff together" about a good pair of hoops . . . or is that just me? ;)

And then the statement jewelry. It's all about the visual interest, people, let me tell ya. And it looks like you had time in the morning to think about your accessories and which ones go with your outfit, even if you literally own one neutral piece that just happens to go with anything. Even if you just put on that random DIY piece you made on a rainy day, you look more put together with accessories in general.

3) Slip on some shades.

You don't even have to wear them. Just pop some shades on your head to keep your hair back, and you automatically look glam. Or just reasonably wear your sunglasses if it's sunny outside. Either way, you look a lot cooler wearing sunglasses. Facts.

4) Layer up.

Put on a jean jacket over your t-shirt, or wear a button down underneath. Now you're a little warmer, and you get points for style. It's a win win. Add in an accessory or two, and you'll be rockin' that boho-chic/casual look.

5) 'Rock and Roll' Up Your Sleeves.

See that pun I did there? Lol XD

Anyway, this is a simple one that does wonders. Roll up those long sleeves to show off your statement bracelets, am I right? Bracelets or not, it adds into the rocker-vibe.

6) Colour coding

This one is best with neutral colours and shades. You'll look put together, with the right amount of flair. Add in a fake or real silver/gold accessory or two, and you have a bold statement right there.

7) The hat on your head goes "Make a Statement"

Try singing the subtitle above to the tune of 'The Wheels on the Bus'. Lol I try XD

Anyway, hats are an amazing way to spice up your outfit and make a statement. They are a cute way to say that you're having a bad hair day, your ears are cold, or that you have a bold sense of style. Or maybe all three.

8) Swipe That Lipstick On

Lipstick, lip gloss, coloured lip balm, all that jazz. Whatever it is, adding some spice to your lips can take that casual look to another level. Whether it's a simple nude, a fiery red, some lip shine, or even Vaseline (at the very least), doing so makes you look like you're in charge of your mornings. Most people tend to ignore this extra product, but take advantage of it, even if it's just a quick swipe or dab on your lips.

9) Pastel and Pearls

Believe it or not, pearls aren't just for your granny anymore! Chances are if you've scrolled through social media lately, you've seen someone donning a pearled accessory. A pearl headband is a true staple; it's easy to just pop on and it adds a classic touch to your outfit. Maybe if you're the person who has a bunch of pastel clothing you think is boring, then try adding a pearl headband with your hair out. Definitely a charm!

10) Cuff your jeans

Jeans are nice themselves, but there's a little more when you roll the bottom of your jeans. Cuffs on skinny jeans look best on the smaller side; make the cuffs only half-an-inch wide and only roll them twice. When it comes to the baggier style of jeans, it's less about cuffing and more about rolling. You want to keep the casual vibe of the jeans intact, and the looser fabric works best with a messier cuff. Roll your jeans about three times, with one-inch cuffs. Don't press down on them too much, instead go for a cylindrical roll. Mess the cuff up a bit when you're done so it looks natural.

_

Whatever you want to do with your outfit, make sure you feel comfortable with it. If you feel a bit unsure to make a new move with your clothing, take it slow. Add in maybe just some pretty earrings today. Tomorrow, switch up to maybe a necklace. Soon, you'll be confident enough to wear any type of jewellery you want. Do what you think is best, and get other's opinions if you want, too.

The SGC can even help if you need some outfit inspo! Check out our inspiration ideas, and do ask for any doubts.

Post by PurpleStarz_101