LVII. A Man With No Plan

Start from the beginning

"I don't know, I mean I don't think Serena has ever been interested in dancing or anything like that." I said to him.

"You never know. For all you know she could be a secret dancer!" Miguel said with a shrug. I chuckled to myself.

"Trust me, I've known Serena for a while. She wouldn't find dancing romantic." I said as I shook my head.

"I think she'll love it." He said as he typed something into his phone. I looked down at my feet, then smiled as I remembered dancing with Serena at that country club in 1984.

I mean, I guess that night was romantic. Aside from the fact that that little twerp made a move on her. Maybe that's not a good idea, I mean what if something else like that happens or something?

"Eh- I don't know. Do you have any other suggestions?" I then asked. Miguel sighed and laughed softly.

"I have a feeling that this is gonna take a while." He said with a laugh. I smiled and shrugged.

...

(Serena's pov)

I started to make my way out of the hospital. I had to come in and help the workers out since they were running out of staff this early in the day.

I felt my phone buzz in my back pocket of my jeans. I got my phone out and answered it.

"Hello?" I asked into my phone

"Hey honey! It's your mom." My mom said with an enthusiastic tone. I smiled and chuckled softly, she was always so happy to talk to me.

"Hi mom. What's up?" I said as I walked over to my car and got inside.

"I was just checking in to see when you're coming over tonight! I was thinking I'll make something yummy, I just don't know what yet." She said.

My eyes widened as I sat down in my car and closed the door. What?? When did I say tonight??!

"Uhh-" I was about to say but she interrupted me.

"Oh actually, I'll make some sort of chicken. Johnnys not a vegetarian right?" She asked.

I laughed to myself at the thought of him being vegetarian. He'd say he's too cool for that.

"Um.. Sounds great mom. How about we come over at 6pm?" I asked her as I began to drive all the way home.

I heard her talk to her husband for a second and then began to talk to me again. "Alright!! We'll see you two then!" She said and hung up.