Serenity was beyond over-protective. But I understood. We have had a very rough childhood and it has been just the two of us since forever. We lost our mom to cancer at a very young age and my dad died in a plane crash. Serenity had to step up. I was only nine at the time and she was twelve. The things that my sister has done for me are countless and I am truly grateful I would do anything for that stubborn woman.

I think I was six when we took that picture. That was before everything went down hill. That was before our so called family robbed us of everything leaving us with nothing. Before we had been on the streets with nothing but ourselves for comfort. I slight jumped at the sound of my ringing phone. I looked at the caller I.D before swiping left.

I looked at Anele walking in the house with grocery bags, I knew it was all filled with junk food that we would stuff ourselves with until we couldn't anymore. I was already in my onesie so I was more than ready. She walked in not saying a word unpacking the loads of junk food onto the coffee table that was in front of the massive L-shaped couch. I could tell she was nervous.

"Stop shaking your leg, you are making me more nervous." she said placing her hands on her waist, anxiously bitting her lip. Another habit of hers.

"This was your idea." I said plopping down on the couch in the process unintentionally hurting my hand. I hissed pulling it back.

"Too much training again?" she asked knowingly taking the remote while placing her feet on the table and browsing through the T.V.

"Yeah, where is my Nando's?" I asked not seeing the Nando's bag.

"You texted me when I was just outside the gate."she said not removing her gaze from the big screen.

"But you could have made a u-turn. "I whined laying my head on her lap watching the screen. Her hand immediately went to my long braids playing with them. They were new so when her hand gently pressed in between them as she gently drags it up and down, I closed my eyes in bliss, it felt nice.

"We can go there later. When do we call her?"

"I'm not sure." I sighed not seeing any hope in our plan.

"When is she coming back?" she asked looking down at me even though my eye were still closed I could feel her eyes on me.

"I don't know." I truthfully said.

It's been a month since I've seen my sister and I knew it would be a while before she came back. My aunt took us in from the streets after spending a night under a bridge but just like every one else she completely dissappeared. We lived in a dangerous neighborhood with no one to take care of us. We still had to go to school and I had no idea where the little food we had came from.

To make matters worse even though I was young at the time I could see the small bruises on my sisters arms here and there when I asked about them she would just say work. A lot of things happened that I would cry about, things that I didn't understand, my sister was there with me through everything. Those were the hardest years of my life.

At seventeen she dropped out of school and started a job that I still had no knowledge of. She was determined to get us out of that neighborhood after a tragic incident. In that night she vowed to me that she would get us out of there and she did. Although we moved to an upscale neighborhood where I met Anele I still worried about my sister. Her job took a lot from her.

At first she would leave for four days in a week and the three would be completely dedicated to me. She would do whatever I wanted to do, we did everything together. She raised me all alone. When I asked about her work she would dismiss it until I just didn't ask anymore. As I grew older the longer she was away. The longest she has been away from me was six months. Ever since we moved here money was never a problem and I grew tired of asking questions so I just stopped.