A Panicked Welcome

Start from the beginning

     "Then let me try — ouch!" Sirius raised his arm to pick one, but Jenna smacked his hand away.

     "Mine," she said with her mouth full, smirking.

     Sirius shook his head at her. "That baby better be chubby when she's born, after all the food you've been vacuuming into your belly lately."

     "I still think it's going to be a boy." Jenna corrected him. "But, I mean, as long as the baby's not a centaur, I'll love that kid to death no matter what."

Sirius laughed, reaching out for a wing again, and this time Jenna let him take one. But he didn't dare to pick up a second one after that.

     "Well, that's that," Jenna said with a grin, glancing down at the empty plate after half-an-hour. "But I really need to use the loo now. I swear the baby's pushing my bladder on purpose."

     Laughing, Sirius got to his feet. "Need any help to get up?"

     "Oh, yes. Definitely." Jenna scoffed, and so Sirius raised both his hands for her to take, helping her to her feet.

     With difficulty, Jenna got up from the chair, but she suddenly let out a loud gasp and placed a hand over her baby bump.

     "What is it?" Sirius asked worriedly, looking over at her with a frown.

     Jenna didn't reply right away, and instead breathed in and out deeply before soothing down her nerves and saying, "Nothing. Just a little twist. But it's gone n —  AARGH!" She suddenly yelled again, closing her eyes shut in pain.

     "Oh, God... Oh, Lord... it's time, isn't it!? It is, isn't it!? It's the baby!" Sirius started rambling, his eyes wide in horror.

     "Ouch — just get me to — argh — get me to St. Mungos," Jenna grumbled, breathing heavily to calm the pain, but there was no use.

     "St. Mungos — yes — no need to freak out — we've got this — we've totally got this —"

     "Sirius, calm down —"

     "I'M CALM!"

***

In a surge of panic, Sirius managed to get Jenna to St. Mungo's in no time. The Healers were quick to take her to a special room while Jenna grumbled in pain and Sirius freaked out. It came to a point that the Healers had to throw him out of the room, telling him to wait in the corridor.

     Sirius kept pacing up and down the corridor, his heart beating rapidly as he waited for one of the Healers to come out of Jenna's room with news.

     Just then, his head darted up when he heard footsteps rushing up the hallway toward him. Turning around, Sirius saw Remus and Tonks approaching him in a hurry, a nervous look across their faces.

     Sirius had sent them a Patronus a few minutes ago, announcing that Jenna was having the baby. But it was Sirius who seemed to be in extreme need of emotional support at the moment.

    "Padfoot! We came as soon as we got your Patronus," said Remus hastily as soon as they reached him.

     "Yeah, we took Teddy to my mum's house and got here as fast as possible," said Tonks, slightly panting from the run. "How's Jenna doing?"

     "I don't know," Sirius said in a state of panic, feeling like he couldn't stand still. "Those stupid Healers kicked me out of her room."

    "Why?" Remus mused.