7: Camp out with the boys

I was in my room, rolling up my red sleeping bag ( well, attempting to) when smalls knocked on my already open door.

"Come in" I said while still struggling with the sleeping bag.

"Are you almost ready?" He asked me.

"Almost." I said to him.

"But if you want me to go quicker, could you help me with this stupid sleeping bag?" I asked.

"Yeah, sure." Smalls said.

Earlier that day

"Hey, mom can me and y/n go to a camp out?" Smalls asked his mom.

"Sure honey, I'm glad you two are making friends." She replied.

"Now, go pack a bag, and then come down here and dry some dishes, okay?" She said.

"Ok, mom!" Smalls and I said as we both ran upstairs to pack.

Flashback ends

Once me and smalls had shoved my sleeping bag into my bag, we both ran downstairs in our pyjamas.

^the pyjamas you wore.
( ok they're not like "super cute" or anything but I like them and, come on, they're like twelve in the 60s)

Then we both quickly dried the dishes and pulled on our jackets.

We ran all the way, until we got there.

Then we went into the treehouse.

Inside, it was messy, with boys everywhere, and it smelled like sweat and burnt marshmallows.

"Hey, guys sorry we're late, my mom made us do the dishes, and then she made me put on my coat." Smalls said.

Wow, wait a go, smalls.

A couple of boys mocked him in a baby voice, before ham said " you guys want a s'more?"

"Yes" I immediately said.

Ham smiled. Me and ham had been pretty friendly around each other now and we sorta understood each other. Almost like we were best friends.

"S'more of what?" Smalls asked.

"No, a s'more." Ham said to the clueless boy.

"How can I have some more of something if I haven't had anything yet?" Smalls asked, as ham handed me a s'more.

Ham stared at him, before saying
"Your killing me, smalls!"

He then went on to explain the whole process of creating a s'more.

But I wasn't listening, i was trying to find somewhere to put my sleeping bag.

And sure enough, the only place that was empty and didn't have snacks and cans in it was right next to yeah yeah.