CHAPTER 40: FIRST EVENT-OBSTACLE COURSE - PART 2

Zacznij od początku

"So, the blond brat isn't just all talk huh!!"

"Yeah! He couldn't score the highest in the entrance exam from bragging alone, ya know!"

"Tch! Whatever"

"But between the two, I still can't tell which one is better..."

"Just wait for the next ground"

"Ok"

"Yeah yeah"

BACK TO THE BOOST

"AAAAANNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDD NOWWWW!!!! LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!!!!!! WE HAVE COME TO THE HIDDEN FINAL BATTLE OF THIS COURSE!!!!!!!!"

Present Mic squeaks as Todoroki and Bakugo rush to the final obstacle, much to his partner dismay

'HE CAN GET EVEN LOUDER!??!!?!?!?'

"WE HAVE ARRIVED at THE MINEFIELD RIGHT OUT OF RAMBO 3!!!! LUCKY FOR OUR CONTESTANTS, THE LANDMINES ARE SETUP SO YOU COULD SEE THEM BUTTTTTTTT ONLY IF YOU STRAIN YOUR EYES!!!!!!!!!"

Then the long blond hair hero laughs like a mad man

"WELL IN ANY CASES, THE LANDMINES ALTHOUGH THEY WOULD EXPLODE AND STRONG ENOUGH TO KNOCK YOU OFF YOUR FEET BUT NOT LETHAL ENOUGH TO KILL YA!!!!"

'What did I sign myself up to?!?!?'

His partner is entering depression mode the more time they spend with each other. Suddenly, a nudge at his side accompany with a sly grin on Present Mic's face with his eyebrows going up and down, really start making him wants to yeet himself out of this situation

"COME ON LITTLE LISTENER!!! SAY SOMETHING!!! OR ELSE YOU'RE GONNA BE LIKE ERASERHEAD NO. 2!!"

Pouting at the teasing, the mystery person just softly nods his head and looks down at the contestants

AT THE MINES LAND

Todoroki's running on the minefield while peering his eyes out for the mines.

'I could just freeze the whole field but that would give the rest an advantage... Tch'

Continues dodging, evading the mines, and listening to the booming sound of the activated mines behind him, even though he has been slowed down a lot by it but still put a great distance between him and the rest.

However, because many students either couldn't avoid all the mines or just head straight toward them, activating them creating explosion noises which mask the sound of a real booming quirk of one student.

While Todoroki Shoto is focusing on his path and avoiding the mines, he can't react quick enough to the looming shadow from above.

BACK TO THE BOOST

"OMG!!!!!! BAKUGO KATSUKI HAS USED THE MINES FOR HIS ADVANTAGE!!!! HIDING HIS EXPLOSION'S SOUND AND USING THE MINES' SHOCK WAVE TO BOOST HIS SPEED!!!!"

Present Mic is standing up in excitement and nearly jumping up and down like a kid on a live broadcast. His partner just smiles and says softly to his microphone, enough for the audience to hear but not enough for the contestants in the mines field.

"Sometimes, the obstacle could be your advantage, and sometimes to move forward you need to-"

AT THE RACE

"- STEP BACK AND THINK, CANDY CRANE!!!!!"

Taunted Katsuki as he explodes the nearest mines in front of him, then using his explosion as a boost to bring himself over the shock wave of those mines and shot forward and passes the surprised Todoroki.

Pissed at being overrun, the two-color hair teen starts to freeze the ground, not caring if that would leave behind a trail for others, cause on his mind is only about how to catch up to the booming boy and win

Seeing the pissed-off expression on the usually emotionless face, Bakugo smirks evilly and continues using one of his hands to create explosions and jumps down on every mine in his path, activating them to increase his speed as well as slow down his opponent.

Gritting his teeth, Todoroki raises his right hand which is leaking cold hair to launch an attack on the leading blond but he's stopped short as Bakugo suddenly turns his back to face him with an animal liked grin on his face.

"Didn't I say it already? I WILL BE NUMBER ONE!!!"

Then Bakugo throws something to the bewildered teen in which the scar-face boy blocks with his arms. However, he widens his eyes in shock as his skin feels the metallic of it and the familiar tick tick sound of the mine which is being activated.

BACK TO THE DJ BOOST

"OY MY EPIC GOODNESS!!!!! ERASERHEAD!!! WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN TEACHING THESE KIDS!?!?!?!?"

The blond pro-hero can't help it but shouts out in amazement at what is actually happening right before his eyes. His partner's now gone the depressing face replaces with eyes shining brightly like jewelry answers

"I don't think it's something you could teach, Present Mic-san! Those are the fruits that the students get from their training, experiences, and will to overcome and be the best."

Everybody in the stadium is holding on their breath both at the excellent performance of the freshmen as well as the comment of the mystery person. By now, Bakugo has passed the mines area and into the final tunnel, he nearly falls flat on his face when he hears the voice of the mystery partner of Present Mic for the first time.

"And that is what we want no NEED from the future heroes generation as well as uphold the UA's motto in life..."

Bakugo Katsuki doesn't once stop his legs, in fact, he pushes them even harder as a smile is blooming on his face as he races toward the finish line. The audience is even more hyper at the sentence as their hope for a better future is being reassurance by a few words. His once loud partner beside him is in awe as to how those words are spoken though through a soft voice but with certainty has swayed the crowd even more than his hyper, loud voice.

At the end of the tunnel, run out is the only and only Bakugo Katsuki yet none is cheering for him as he quickly looks up to the boost and his two red orbs meet with brightly emerald orbs, the owners of those give him the most beautiful smile and continues

"PLUS ULTRA!!!"

Only then the crowd cheers so loud that it shook the stadium and chanting the phrase

"PLUS ULTRA!!!"

"PLUS ULTRA!!!"

Katsuki is nearly falling to his knees as his love, his angel is here, watching him all by himself which he nearly bursts out tears of joy. Then with the same soft and loving voice, his lover says

"Congratulation, Bakugo Katsuki you have kept your school's motto alive and shouted out your name into the world!! Plus Ultra!!!!"