☆2☆ Bitchy Boss & lovely best friends

Start from the beginning

These greedy folks!

"Good morning ladies and gentlemen." I greeted.

Instead of replying, they started whispering amongst themselves.

I was unable to hear what it was they were whispering about but at least I had someone say 'inefficiency'.

"I am not sorry at all about my late coming because there is clearly no need to be." I added looking at each one of them.

They all stopped the murmuring and looked at me with the same previous disapproving looks.

"Mr. Corraine, the last time we were here, you suggested?" I asked.

"What?" the stout middle aged man inquired.

"That is what I call inefficiency." I said with an angry expression.

"How do you call yourself a member of this board and you cannot give minutes of the previous meeting."

All other members started checking their files for the previous meeting.

"So, how much were we supposed to get from Mr. Jeopardenn as allowance?" I posed another interesting question.

"500$" they chorused.

"This meeting is done." I spat in disbelief and disgust.

These people are so money minded. Indeed I am not sorry for coming late.

I gave my files to Claire and walked out with her just on my heels.
This time round, I did not feel perturbed by her action. It was rather more of a gesture that states she is with me on this one.

I reached my office and sat on the wooden chair behind my table.

Claire placed a cup of capuccino and three files Mr. Jeopardenn had sent that morning on my table
and stood above me swaying slightly.

"Move to the side, Claire!"I shouted.

"Sorry, madam." She said and took five steps backwards.

This time she did not smile. Clever her. Had she done it, I would have maybe got her fired. I am in no mood to tolerate anything annoying right now and am glad she has behaved accordingly. Wow! She understands me.

I get one of the files and start reading through only to be distracted by the opening of the door.

What the hell! Someone ought to knock before coming in.

Oh! It is Mr. Jeopardenn. He never knocks. What decency!

"Why did you come late Miss. Kane?" he angrily asks.

I raise my head and my eyes meet a very furious Mr. Jeopardenn.

"Get out!" He shouts at Claire.

"I am so-"

"I don't want to hear it." He shouts.

"You know how much I hate inefficiency, Miss Kane."

I got up from my seat because he seemed to get angrier seeing me sitted as he spoke.

He quarrelled and reprimanded me for what seemed like ages. I quietly listened on without retaliation.

"Thank you, Mr. Jeopardenn but the next time you come to my office, be decent enough to knock." I simply stated.

My statement clearly infuriated him.

"How dare you?" He spat.

"You know just how, Sir. The sexual advances? Does the statement ring a bell?" I politely smiled at my Boss whose left eye started to twitch.