"Mind if I help?" Devan asks as I finish my second spear.

"Knock yourself out." I say nodding at the pile of sticks and handing him a knife.

He takes the knife and starts sharpening the stick sitting up against a tree. I hum to myself as I continue to work. I feel as close to home as I've felt since I left.

After my seventh stick I feel like someone is watching me. I look over and see Devan looking at me. He smiles when we make eye contact.

"What?" I ask giggling a little bit.

"Your just so beautiful." He states simply.

I smile.

"Thank you. Your not too bad looking yourself, for being in the arena that is." I say platonicly.

He laughs and continues to sharpen the stick he took. He has been struggling for a full hour with that one stick.

I start putting up the sticks to make a fort that will be able to pass as a tree with the right camafloge. I finally finish positioning it perfectly and covering the bottom in the clay from the stream by lunch time.

I spend a few hours perfecting my tree fort and it blends in perfectly. Devan has given up on his and went hunting. I don't think he was talking about animals but I was too scared to ask.

I am picking some more blueberries when I hear a cannon go off. I immediately run in the direction where I saw Devan go off to. He can't be dead, I can't be alone.

"DEVAN!" I yell.

I hear him faintly call my name. I follow the noise and am greeted by Devan standing above the body of the boy from district two. I put my hand to my mouth.

I silently take the flower that was sitting behind my ear and place it behind his.

"Devan." I say my voice sounding small.

"I know I know. But now we're closer to going home right?" He asks.

"I guess." I say simply, trying to hide my disgust.

Then the girl from district two runs out of the trees. I can see the anger in her eyes. I can't blame her, Devan just killed her friend. She takes out a spear and launches it into Devan.

He screams as he falls. I grab the handmade spear off the ground and launch it at the girl. She screams and tries to throw a knife at me but I shove the spear down, stopping her heart.

All at once the tributes from district one and girl from three run out.

"You shouldn't have done that." The boy from one says.

"Aw what are you going to do cry." I say still full of anger from the death of my friend.

The girl from three yells and throws a knife into my arm. It hurts so bad I almost scream. Almost. I grab the knife out of the boy from district three and throw it at her. It hits her in between her eyes with so much force it goes through her skull. She falls down dead.

"Do you want to suffer the same fate as your little friend here?" I say coldly.

The boy throws a punch at me. I laugh as I dodge it and punch him in the gut well the girl from one tries to attack me from behind.