Chapter 7

Finnick's Pov:

Dahlia lays in my lap, she fell asleep about an hour ago. Her tear stained face looked almost peaceful. Her once long brown hair had been messily chopped in the capital and now only reached her shoulders.

I don't understand how someone can go through so much and still be so perfect. Even broken and bruised she managed to keep her grace. I lean back and am about to let myself drift to sleep before I was interrupted by Boggs barging through the door.

"Finnick, Coin needs you." He says

"Shhh, don't wake her." I shoot back

"It's important."

"Can it wait?"

"No"

I gently move Dahlia's head from my lap to her pillow. I wish I didn't have to leave, but Boggs swears it's important and insists I follow. As we walk down the hall my mind wanders to the worst possible situation. Maybe Dahlia's too sick maybe the last couple moments we spent together we're out last.

I enter Coin's office and Beetee doesn't bother following. Which is odd because he always seems to sit in on our meetings. Plutarch stands off to the side of Coin's large desk

"Finnick" Coin greets

"President" I nod my head

"This is about you and your girl." Plutarch says

"Her name is Dahlia."

"I am under the impression you two plan on getting married soon?" Coin asked

"Yes"

"Well, we have been talking and we think it should be done soon. To send a message to the capital." Plutarch explained

"This weekend to be precise." Coin cut in

"I don't know, Dahlia is still weak. I don't think she's going to be up for it."

"Okay I'm going to be short with this. We are planning on sending a group with Katniss to the capital to shoot propos. You're going to be in this group. Dahlia might also be in this group if she is healed by the time we send you all out. And that will be by the end of this month. So we have given you to next weekend to tie the knot and give us something to part over. Otherwise you guys are risking being separated for multiple months again." Plutarch explained

"So if you want to be married you guys only have a few weeks." Coin said

My mind is racing. I'm getting sent to the Capital.  More importantly Dahlia may have to go back. Dahlia heals quickly but I doubt she will be mentally ready to walk down the aisle in just a matter of weeks.

But what Plutarch said makes sense. I want to marry Dahlia and we only have so long before we're separated again. I don't want to risk it.

"I'll talk to her about it."

"Good, and Finnick we would appreciate if you kept the plan in between us." Coin said

I quickly walked back to Dahlia's room. I passed the door that lead to Peeta's room and I can hear him trying to break from his bed. Just the though that, that could have been Dahlia breaks my heart.

When I go to the room I find Dahlia laying in her bed. She laid under the covers, eyes open and staring at the ground.

"Dahlia?" I mutter

She looks up at me, she looks so hurt I can hardly stand it.

"Are you okay?" I ask sitting on her bed, careful not to sit on her.

She shakes her head sadly and falls back to her previous position. I tuck a strand of hair behind her ear.

"What's wrong? Is it Peeta?"

She nodded.

"It'll be okay. He's gonna get better." I promise but we both know I can't promise anything.

"Where did you go?" She asked, her voice quiet

"Coin wanted to talk to me."

"What did she say?" She asked sitting up

"Nothing good"

Dahlia quickly perked up, her eyes full of curiosity and concern.

"She said we have to get married next weekend."

"We can do that." She says a tiny smile on her face

"Are you sure? Your not all healed yet."

"I'll be fine and it'll give me something to do."

A smile spreads across my face. The capital didn't steal everything from me. Dahlia may be broken but she is still strong. Although the capital tampered with her memories she still loves me. And I love her more than anything.

"I need to get a dress!" She said excitedly

"I'm sure Effie can come up with something." I say, imagining her in a white dress.

Our conversation pauses for a moment and her eyes focus on the floor but instead of a blank stare she is smiling.

"Finnick" she says

"Yes, love?"

"I love you."

Those three world made my whole world complete. Nothing can ruin this moment.

"I love you too." I whisper back trying to keep my composure.