Chapter 5 ~Lost Girl*

Start from the beginning

"My name is Wendy," she blushed remembering he had already called her by her last name without realizing it. "Wendy Darling."

The boy chuckled once at the sound of her last name. Wendy looked at her bare feet.

"Now, may I ask, where am I?"

"Why, your in Neverland Wendy. Did you really have to ask?" Wendy's eyes widened. Neverland?

"If this is your way of joking, it's not funny," Wendy backed up against the railing. Suddenly worried about if he was serious or not.

"So you've heard of it? Neverland, I mean?" He smiled a brilliant white smile that would have made Wendy blush. It would have, but not now when she was one hundred percent sure he was a psycho.

"Of course I've heard of it! In a book, a fairytale!" Wendy yelled harshly wanting so badly for him to flinch. He looked at her with a glint in those green eyes. A wanting Wendy didn't understand.

"You've read about me, have you?"

"You are crazy," She said it slowly and carefully waiting for him to latch on to what she was saying to him. "You're a complete psychopath!"

"That's a bit harsh, love. Try incredibly handsome and you might win some favors," he winked and Wendy shivered in disgust.

"You kidnapped me, you lie to me, what is your game?" Wendy needed to know. She always wanted to know the games people played in their head. She never wanted to know what someone was thinking so much in her life.

"Oh my games are much fun, why don't you become a player?" His smirk grew wider which made Wendy start to shake with rage.

"Tell me then, Wendy, if I'm lying how did you set foot on my island?" Wendy was about to retort. She was about to come up with a comeback. Her mind blanked. How did she get here? Her mouth opened and closed again. Her glare intensified.

"I don't remember. Why can't I remember?!" She shouted. Her hands weaved themselves in her hair. Why can't she remember?!

"I made you forget."

Wendy lunged at him. She grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and pushed him against the cabin.

"You took my memories!" She snarled at him. She had to arch her head back to look at him. She wished in that moment she was taller than five feet and four inches.

"You've got fire, I like fire." Wendy growled again. She wanted to beat the shit out of him. How did he get off treating her like this?

"Do you really want so badly to remember?" He asked playfully.

"YES!!" Wendy screamed in frustration.

"How about a please first?"

"Please," she looked up at him with pleading eyes. Tears of frustration threatened to spill down her cheeks.

"Okay, but remember you asked."

His hand moved up to cup her left cheek. Wendy's temper almost flared. She was about to smack him. Her eyes flickered to his face. His eyes were closed in concentration. His face was relaxed.

It hit her like someone had thrown ice water on her. She gasped and unconsciously tried pulling away. He tightened his grip on her face as she was taken to another place.

London. The park. The pipe. The Shadow. The island. Neverland. Crying children. Cold breeze. Peter Pan. Feeling safe as he carried her to his cabin.

The memory had long ended. Wendy took shaky breaths. His hand did not move from her cheek. She could feel him watching her. She refused to open her eyes. She was much too scared to face the boy who saved her.

"Wendy?" Her breath hitched in her throat at the sound of his voice. After a time, she opened her eyes slowly only to look into concerned ones.

"Who are you?" She whispered knowing the answer. She needed to hear him say it. She didn't know why. She just did.

"Oh, did I forget to introduce myself to you?" He chuckled in satisfaction. "I'm Peter. Peter Pan," he breathed. Wendy felt his breath against her face. She could not look away from him. He saved her.

Her legs couldn't hold her up anymore. Peter helped steady her and whispered to her something about wanting to show her something and lifted her into his arms like he had done the night before.

Wendy gasped in surprise, but didn't bother to protest. She was so tired. She wanted to ask so many questions, but she couldn't remember one well enough for it to escape her lips. He climbed up on the railing that kept them from falling into the green eternity called a jungle.

She whimpered looking at the ground. She knew what he was going to do. Fly. Just as The Shadow had done to take her here. She did not like the sensation one bit.

"Close your eyes," he whispered against the hair on her head. Once he saw she had obeyed he jumped. He flew straight for awhile and then suddenly dove downward.

Wendy buried her face into his shirt to keep from screaming. His grip tightened on her as they descended.

Wendy knew instantly when his feet had touched the ground. She heard the light thud of his boots touching the earth. He had landed on the beach. She watched the aqua colored water crash against the sand. She sat beside him on the sand.

They didn't speak. They only watched the waves and the sounds of the seagulls in the sky. Wendy felt herself put her head on his shoulder. She didn't know why she did it. She was too tired to process her movements.

"Wendy?" He asked before Wendy fell asleep.

"Yah?" She spoke while a dream started to form in the back of her mind.

"Would you be my new Lost Girl?" She sighed and then smiled at the thought of the trees of the jungle and the warm sand.

"Okay..." She whispered before she drifted into sleep.