Chapter 6 - Helping the rest

Start from the beginning

Yorktown: Thank you. I would like to keep chatting, but sadly i still have papers to grade and lessons to prepare, so i have to take my leave.

y/n: I understand, i'll see you around.

Yorktown: Bye!

Walking back outside, y/n tried thinking of a way to reverse the damage done to the unfortunate aircraft carrier. Mayby he could try to repair it himself, but also that wouldn't work out, becuase y/n had no technical experience at all. After he couldn't seem to find anything that even had a slight chance of working, he put the problem at the back of his head and continued on exploring the base.  But when he came across the docks, he noticed Enterprise and Cleveland running towards the ocean and equipping the rigging. 

y/n: Hey Cleveland, what is going on?

Cleveland: Hornet's fleet is under attack!

y/n: That's one of Yorktown's sisters...

Remembering the promise he made earlier to the carrier, he too immiediatly equipped his rigging and started following the small rescue fleet.

y/n: Where are they right now?

Cleveland: They are about 20 kilometers north of here!

y/n: Okay, and who is attacking them?

Cleveland: Two carriers of the Sakura Empire, but we don't which ones they exactly are.

y/n: Understood.

To get some extra intel on the enemy, y/n launched one of two helicopters he currently had on board keeping one incase the other got shot down. As it approached the battle field, y/n could immediatly see that the odds were stacked against Hornet's fleet with most of its ships knocked out. Only Hornet was still fighting, but she was always on the defensive side.

y/n: That's not good...

Enterprise: What is it?

y/n: Most of their fleet have already suffered damage, and both carriers are now attacking hornet.

Enterprise: Than we better hurry up!

Cleveland: Enterprise wait! You're going to far ahead!

Enterprise: Slowing down is a waste of time!

y/n: You're too damaged to go this fast! If you keep this up, than it can have severe consequences!

Enterprise: I can't slow down, Hornet is my sister.

Cleveland:Oh, i understand... I mean, it's great to see you have a human side after all!

y/n: Yeah, even though that is nice, she isn't looking after herself.

Cleveland: I suppose that's true.

AS the group started to approach the battle, y/n launched to missiles at both aircraft carriers.

y/n: Tomahawks away!

As the Tomahawks started to close in on their respective carriers, all forces on the battlefield turned towards the sound and saw two streaks of smoke with a missile flying at high speeds towards them.

Hornet: What the?

Shoukaku: What are those?

Zuikaku: Are they... Coming this way?

Shoukaku: They are!

Shoukaku noticed that the weapons were indeed trying to hit them, and managed to evade it in time. But her sister wasn't so fortunate, as she was hit by the cruise missile.

Zuikaku: Shoukaku!

Shoukaku: Don't worry, the damage is only minor with a few fires along the lower decks.

Zuikaku: That's good to hear. Now, where did that come from?

As both carriers looked across the horizon for the ship that fired the tomahawks at them, Hornet managed to get some distance from the fight and start setting up her own attack. Suddenly, more engine sounds could be heard as multiple dive bombers started dropping their payloud on top of the Sakura Empire carriers. Zuikaku immediatly saw that they weren't coming from Hornet, and made the logical connection that Enterprise must be nearby.

Zuikaku: Shoukaku, this is most likely Enterprises doing, as Hornet wouldn't have been able to launch such an attack on such a short notice and Yorktown is out of commission!

Shoukaku: That would be logical yes!

Hornet: Thanks sister!

Enterprise: Go!

Enterprise started launching more aircraft while she passed Hornet, so that the latter managed to set up her own attack to support her sister.

Zuikaku: There you are, Grey Ghost!

Zuikaku landed back on the water, and made a dash towards the Eagle Union carrier. Meanwhile, y/n started to sneakily approach Shoukaku, who didn't notice him and kept sending out planes.

Shoukaku: This melody is a requiem, to quell the dead.

Still distracted by the other carriers, y/n managed to get in range and fire his main cannon at Shoukaku. The carrier didn't have enough time to evade so most of the shells hit her, but since it only was a small caliber it didn't inflict much damage.

Shoukaku: What?

y/n: Hello there!

Chapter 6 is finished! This was fun to write, as it was the first battle i could really implement y/n in, because he is a bit more familiar with the "you're a ship" thing. Sometimes i find small mistakes which i try to fix as fast as possible, so that's why i sometimes randomly update the book even though it isn't a new chapter.

Until next time.