Chapter 22

"Amanda..."

I look at Hayes wondering why he stopped talking.

"What.?" I ask wondering what he's trying to say.

"I can't explain the things that are in my head. You won't ever trust me. You hate me I can tell."

When he gets to the second sentence I look forward, losing the little attention I had toward what he was saying.

I can feel his glare burning a hole straight through the side of my head. But I still refuse to look at him. Still saying absolutely nothing.

"So you have nothing to say to me.?"

"I'm sorry I just wasn't expecting any of that to be honest."

He leans over and kisses my cheek.

I feel my face get red as I look at him and smile. He smiles back at me, and for a moment I feel like everything between us has changed. That the past doesn't matter only the future does.

Hayes lays down resting his back on the blanket below us.

Not realizing how tired I am, I lay down on his chest.

Snuggling into the sweatshirt he's wearing I close my eyes, smell the fresh air, take one last look at the beautiful sunset and ocean and ignore everything else in the world, besides us.

Just as I'm about to fall asleep, Hayes starts playing with my hair.

I turn over on my stomach resting my elbows on his chest.

"I'm guessing your bored.?" I ask realizing there's not much to do out here.

"Maybe I am maybe I'm not. But I'm with you so that makes everything better."

I stare at his eyes, while I'm lost for words.

He leans forward and kisses my forehead, then my nose.

Then kissing my lips ever so lightly and teasingly. I feel his face against mine as his warm breathe spreads across my face in a beating pattern.

I can't stop smiling while my eyes are still closed.

These things only happen in movies or books, I'm living a fairy tale. I'm not sure how I should feel about this to be honest.

Pushing these thoughts away I lay back down and shut my eyes for the last time. I don't want this memory to change.