PREFACE

Imagine her hair like the attached picture okay? Ok
__________________________

I attempt to manage my curly hair. I never have time to fix it the way I want it so I just leave it in a poof of curls.

I smooth my long skirt down with my hands and fix my shirt-I want everything to look perfect. Today is a special day after all.

It's moving day.

We're finally moving from our small cube of a home in Virginia to a huge house in Maine.

Before I found out we were moving I had never heard of anything called Maine. I didn't care though, I was just glad to be getting out of here. Nineteen years spent here in Virginia were tough.

People were hateful. Not just to me, but to everyone who had a darker skin tone.

It's hard to explain but, they don't like us. Why? Because our skin is a bit darker than theirs. Our hair is a bit different from theirs, and we in general are a bit different-so they think.

They don't understand that we're all the same. Or that we all bleed red.

But they can think what they want.

All I care about is that my mother, my father, and my two little siblings have all of our belongings in the truck, and we're 6 hours away to our new home.

Our new life.

__________________________
Okay, so this is a different type of story. It's focused on a more serious topic but it'll still be interesting trust me.

This chapter was kinda short because I'm trying to build it up yknow?

Okay I'm gone have a nice day/night/afternoon

-R