07.

::

The set was a sight to behold. Hoshi could only watch in wonder, pinch himself to make sure he was in the right place, right era, right year. Why would he not be? The place was filled with memories of his childhood, chocolates, snacks from the early 2000s, banners of old variety shows, even a mirror ball hanging on top with the show's name in neon.

"Wow

"Wow... This is our set? Unbelievable." He spoke out loud, looking around at the glimmering lights. Mina who saw his reaction, smiled.

"It's your first time here, isn't it?" Mina drawled, "It looks good because it's almost over. You should've seen it when we first started working on it, it was a complete mess!" Mina's light laughter resounded in the room as she looked at her fingers where there had been band-aids in the past.

The writer joined, handing Mina a paper as she spoke, "The set director was being so stubborn about having to listen to a woman, gosh. Mina picked up a saw and cut through a perfect shape to make him follow her." She looked at Mina, "All the cuts on your hand you showed up with the next morning..."

Hoshi looked surprised, "People like that exist?"

"What kind do you mean?" Mina turned, eyes narrowed, "People who don't take orders from women or women who can saw through the wood?"

Soonyoung answered easily, shrugging, "The former." He knew Mina was watching as he stepped towards her and pulled the paper from her fingertips, Mina's eyes stuck on him as if she were mesmerised, "I've seen my mother work twice as hard as any man. There's nothing women can't do."

A humble, respectful attitude was attractive

A humble, respectful attitude was attractive. Mina knew the hardships it took to survive and win in an industry that did not take women seriously. To add to it, a man that could acknowledge it and still compete fairly was irresistible. And to think it was something that came from home... Mina took a long look at him and the way his fringes fell over his eyes attractively, reading the paper.

"I thought you were different, but you're just like anyone else."

What then, had she done to hear these words from him? He had followed her to the cafe yet he blamed her for being ordinary. Because she had kissed him? It was an odd response.

::

They were beginning rehearsals and mock games when Mina realised that they were missing one person. Looking around, she asked, "Where's the person who supposed to fill in for the Seventeen or Twice member?"

The casting director huddled his way through as the rest of the staff looked at each other, not knowing to do in the situation. Cameras were set and body doubles of all cast members were ready on the stage to check if the games that the episode was meant to follow would actually forget. They had everyone except one member. Mina looked at the casting director with an eyebrow raised.

He looked hesitant as if he were about to deliver bad news. Hoshi grew interested and peeked into the final list that the casting director provided with a solemn face. Mina read it, "I thought I mentioned I'd pay for a Seventeen or Twice member. Why don't I see them on the list?"

The set, the lighting, the music was ready. At the crux of it, why mention such a fatal flaw? How were they going to proceed with the trials if even their casting was shaky?

The man stole a glance at Hoshi before sighing, "Twice's promotions have been booked so the agency denied. Seventeen, however, refuses to participate. The agency did not specify the reason."

"What do you mean, they refuse? We're casting them for a pre-recorded Chuseok special!" Mina was exasperated, astonished that someone would dare deny them. A Chuseok special was a big deal and she was definitely not a pushover. Was humble no longer a necessary quality among popular people?

Hoshi grew flustered. Refused? When had that happened? He looked at the casting director in surprise, "I didn't-I mean, the company hasn't even talked to the members about it!"

 Refused? When had that happened? He looked at the casting director in surprise, "I didn't-I mean, the company hasn't even talked to the members about it!"

Mina raised an eyebrow, "And how do you know that?"

"You know how." Hoshi rolled his eyes. She knew who he was, about his identity yet she faked not knowing! He looked around, spotting cameras and frowned. For the show to go on, he must act along, "One of my friends is a Seventeen member."

"You know them?"

Soonyoung nodded, affirming. "That clears it then," Mina spoke, taking the casting list from the director's hands and allotting it to Hoshi. "You take care of it. I don't know how but Get. Me. A. Seventeen. Member."

The situation seemed serious and Mina wasn't joking. Whether she knew Hoshi's identity or not, she was prioritising her show and she needed a member immediately.

Panicking, Hoshi called the one person he could absolutely depend on in any situation, "Jihoon-ah, I need a favour."

::

A/N Short chapter, I know. Still about 800 words though. Editable based on response.

This surprised me though! I'll try to update sooner next time~

Thank you so much for reading this story! Wishing you a Happy New Years! <3

::