Apparently I poked her stomach a lot which she didn't like and teased her for being chubby a lot, which she also didn't like and also said some pretty mean things to her which she obviously didn't like.

I wanted to bring up what I had discovered from her journals tonight but I didn't know how to go about saying it without revealing that I had stolen and read her diary.

We were just starting to get along and knowing Bella, she would probably hate me forever for snooping through her things even though its just a measly childhood journal and would probably never look me in the eye again after finding out I knew that she had a crush on me.

Maybe that would change however if she found out that I had the biggest crush on her, growing up.

But maybe not. She was stubborn like that.

***

"Oh my God, it's snowing!" Charlotte suddenly announces in the middle of History class that next Monday afternoon, causing my head to snap up from the desk where it had slowly been descending as I slowly fell asleep to the sound of Mr Carter's dreary voice.

Mr Carter stops mid presentation and pauses for a second before rushing towards the window, the rest of the class following suit.

Tables and chairs scrape across the floor as our entire class scramble towards the side of the classroom where the windows are situated.

There is a chatter of excitement and the entire class murmurs in awe as if none of us have ever laid eyes on snow before.

People clamber on chairs to watch the first snow of the year descend from the sky, Isabella included, her mouth falling agape in awe. I shove past a couple of people to reach where she is perched on the chair, staring out of the window.

"Why are you acting like you haven't seen snow before?" I chuckle, my eyes trained on the snow falling heavily from the cloudy sky, layering every surface outside with a thin coat of white.

"The last time I snow was in 2018," she replies absentmindedly, concentrating on the sight in front of her.

This time it's my mouth that falls open. "2018? Are you serious? That's two years ago! Does it not snow in the UK?"

She nods her head. "It snows in the north a lot every year but in the south, where London is, it barely does." This causes her to frown. "It's a shame because I love snow."

"Doesn't everyone?" I quirk an eyebrow before nudging her side. I found it funny how even standing on a chair, she was only just about a little taller than me. "And it doesn't matter now because now you're back and it snows here like crazy every fucking year."

Bella nods, her attention still outside the window, her hands pressed against the glass. Her chin was tucked into the turtle neck collar of her black, woolly jumper dress.

I liked her outfit today.

Her hair was gathered up by one of those claw clips and she had a golden chain around her neck on the top of her dress, the only pop of colour of her full black outfit. She had black tights on her legs and black pumps on her feet and she looked...cosy. I couldn't help the smile that drew its way onto my face when I saw that she still had her nails painted the way I had painted them on Friday evening.

I glance down at my nails that were still painted the same too. Memories of our 'sleepover' flicker in my mind at the sight.

"Have you heard of that myth where if you watch the first snow with someone, your love will be fulfilled?"

Well that was random Lucas.

Bella snaps her head to glance at me again. "Really?" She says amusedly. "You're quoting Crash landing on you?"