Chapter Eight : Klaus

I exhaled as Five stopped the van right in front of the meritech. With the plumbing van we stole, we could blend in perfectly for our situation. I make myself comfortable in the van as I know this is going to be long. It's only 9-ish and judging by our luck, we wouldn't have any other perfect time to confront Lance other than after his shift.

I dart my gaze out the window and I saw our target walking into the tall building with a tray of coffee in his hand. He looked... rather suspicious, I must say. He kept looking everywhere and seems very unsettled.

"Oh, he's definitely hiding something," I smirk, leaning back into my seat.

"Yeah," Five simply breathes.

It's obvious that his mind is yet again running. I sighed softly, placing my hand on top of his.

He jumped a little at my touch, his green eyes shooting up towards my grey ones. I simply stare back, rubbing my thumb along the back of his knuckle. He broke the eye contact, seeming less tense to my touch.

"Oh, shit," Five mutters suddenly, turning his body towards the duffle bag sitting in between us. Five unzips the bag, not once breaking the touch between us.

"Hey," he sighs, pulling out a bottle of alcohol and placing it in my lap. "Sorry you were in there for so long, Delores."

I pull away my hand away as Five held on the mannequin, looking away for a moment.

Delores this, Delores that.

Wait, what? Sky, no! She's your friend too.

I shook off the unnecessary thoughts off my head, placing a smile on my face.

"She wasn't in there for so long."

Five looks up to me, raising his right brow at me.

"I took her out this morning when I was getting dressed. Asked her what to wear. She's a perfect fashion advisor," I say, smiling at the mannequin.

"I see," Five nods, before his expression turns into offended before turning his gaze back to the meritech.

"No, I'm not drunk. I'm working. Ask Sky if you don't believe me."

I raise my eyebrow at his sudden need to drag me into his 'argument' with our doll friend.

"I wouldn't say that he's not completely drunk--"

I was cut off with a playful glare from Five. I smirk at that, deciding to tease him more.

"You know, Del, ever since we left you, Five has been more tight with his panties," I roll my eyes, knowing that I wasn't wrong. "And to be honest, I'm kind of grateful that he didn't listen to you when you said his equations were off. Atleast now we get to enjoy the sight of our cute Schoo-"

Five cuts me off by pinching me on my thigh by his nails. I felt tears prickle at the back of my eye at the sudden sting.

"Ugh... See what I mean?" I pout, rubbing my thigh while sending sad eyes to Delores.

"You deserve that, you know," Five chuckled, setting his focus back to the building.

"Yes, it's about the eye thing," Five says suddenly, I suppose that he was talking to Delores.

"This is the place it was made," I add, purposely acting as if I'm talking to a child.

"Was that really necessary?" Five sighs as he darts his eyes back up to mine, which I only return with a cheeky smile.

He sighs once more before moving back his attention to our main focus right now.

"We just have to wait."