𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙎𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 ➪ 𝙈𝙮 𝘿𝙖𝙙𝙙𝙮 𝙎𝙚𝙣𝙨𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙏𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜!

May 3, 1966
Juliette's POV

It was a long hour-and-fifteen minutes. When I had finally brought the Beatles their check, I was so tired of the butterflies in my stomach that I could have puked.

When I saw them leave, I brought out a tray of drinks for another table I was tending to, and then went to clear off the table. They had left the check with their money and a tip sitting right on the edge of the table. I pocketed the little bit of tip money and took the little booklet with the money in towards the cash register.

I quickly took care of it and went to toss out the check, but I caught a glimpse of something scribbled on it hastily.

Please consider calling,
~Paul

I smiled at the way his line was wavy in front of his name, then flipped the page over to look for a number he may have left, spotting it immediately. I pocketed the check with the number, hoping I hadn't been caught taking it, but jumped in alarm when I turned around and Caroline was standing directly behind me, her face mere inches away from mine and looking quite scornful.

"What was that?" she demanded quite forcefully.

"Uh—what was what?" I asked.

"Don't play dumb with me. What did you just put in your pocket?"

"Nothing," I responded immediately. "I was...I was counting my tip money?"

"Jesus Christ, you're a terrible liar. You need to work on that. Cough it up, buttercup." She held her left hand out, her right resting on her hip.

I frowned and rolled my eyes. I knew I wasn't getting away from her, so I pulled the check out of my pocket and showed it to her. She read Paul's little note and her face broke into a look of pure joy.

"You're keeping his number!" she said enthusiastically in a hissing whisper. "Does that mean you wanna see him again?"

"No—I—I don't know. I still haven't decided."

"But you're considering it?"

I shrugged. "Maybe a little," I admitted.

"You should!" she said immediately and I dawned a doubtful look. "Come on, what's the worst that could happen?" she asked.

I swallowed. "I don't know, Carol, I'm still kind of upset about last night."

"Here's that cheeseburger you're waiting on, Juliette," said one of the cooks and the dish I'd been waiting on to serve a table slid onto the counter.

"Well, it appears I have unfortunately got to leave this conversation behind," I said to Caroline with a sarcastic smile. I snatched the check back from her and stuffed it back in my pocket, going to get the plate I'd just been given to serve.

Paul's POV

"To lead a better life / I need my love to be here / Here, making each day of the year / Changing my life with a wave of her hand /Nobody can deny that there's something there..." I trailed off, reaching forward to write down what I'd just sang.

This evening, I was sitting on my bedroom floor, my shirt half-unbuttoned, my tie undone, and my hair a mess, deep in my writing. We needed a few more songs for our new album, so I was in the process of fixing that.

I could hear the melody in my head for the next part of the song, I just couldn't piece together any words.

Deep down, I knew who I was writing about. She was a lovely brunette girl by the name of Juliette. I was still hoping that she would call and I could have a chance to properly talk to her, but for the time being, all I could do was think about her, and when I was thinking, I was writing.