Prologue

A/N: Hey guys! I remember being on Quotev and writing fanfiction for two years straight. Thought I'd give Wattpad a try. I am back again and hopefully my writing skills as well as my fandom knowledge has improved over the years. I've decided to take a completely different turn on the Cobra Kai series/Karate kid series, giving the characters additional traits to work with throughout the story. I never thought I would get back into writing fanfic again. I figured this would be a great escape for me, now that I've got a show that I'm actually excited about. Hope you guys enjoy my story!

"Time to finish him off, (Y/N)"

At the All Valley tournament, (Y/N) had made it through to the finals. Beating the opponents from all the other dojos was not easy for her. The hours spent into training, the long lectures she had to listen to from her coach... This was it. (Y/N) spent years preparing for the tournament whilst jumbling with other parts of her life. But her coach had shown absolutely no mercy. She could feel his piercing gaze lingering upon her as she made her way to face her opponent.

"We have reached our final round... ladies and gentlemen" the host calmly spoke through the microphone.

(Y/N) wasn't focused on anything else but winning. She bowed in front of her opponent, a boy, dressed in his black gi, revealing the cobra symbol. His presence nearly intimidated her but she wasn't going to give in. By the looks of it, his coach may have trained him just as hard as her coach did. He had jet black hair, skin like caramel and presumably dark brown eyes - which was hard to make out, given the distance between them at the time.

As the tournament commenced, the two circled each other around, not making a single move for the first thirty seconds - Which was merely impossible because there was no way either of them knew each other's fighting style, let alone having an idea of it.

(Y/N) started off with a taster, lunging her good leg forward. A classic teep. She pushed him back, enough to get him distracted. The most important lesson she learnt was to distract her opponent when and where ever possible.

She faked an uppercut but her right hand swung in motion towards his ear, as the boy earned a punch to his jaw. He noticed her promptly changing positions, targeting a weak spot of his that she somehow picked up on. The knees. And now... she just waited for him to break. Even for a split second. The look on his face portrayed a series of shock, which he tried to hide. He did not want to give her a chance to attack him yet again.

Soon as he stepped forward, he placed his opposite foot to his side, spinning and kicking her in the stomach. That's when it hit. (Y/N) knew the exact combination he was about to perform.

"He'll strike again with a roundhouse kick for the head in exactly 2 seconds. Wait for it... Duck... change"

Her inner thoughts were seemingly accurate, all thanks to her coach. She saw the kick coming as she avoided it within that split second. Her timing was correct as well as her decision to change position. And that's when she caught him. Distracted. He thrusted his arm forward, performing a jab-cross combination. (Y/N) ducked upon his jab but merely missed his cross.

"Fuck" she spat, hissing in pain.

She glanced over at her coach who nodded his head. She knew what that meant.

Faking a front kick, she went for the body, to make him believe she is out of form. (Y/N) lunged, ready to jump and perform her ultimate kick. Her strong leg thrusted forward as she pushed her hip in further as he earned a kick to the head from her. Only this time, it was deadlier and far more difficult to deal with.

In her eyes, it felt like a slow-motion video, playing over and over again in her mind. She only snapped out of it when she was brought back to the reality of eventually claiming first place, finding her opponent laying on the floor. Before claiming her trophy, she walked over to her opponent, reaching out her hand to him. Before (Y/N) could say anything, she glanced over at her coach one more time as he simply crossed his arms, disapprovingly. (Y/N) slowly backed away and went to claim her trophy. As her name was being called, she proceeded to collect the trophy and was handed a microphone.

"Do you have any words, (L/N)?"

Everyone would think she had something to say.

Silence.

She looked around for her coach again, with her pair of (E/C) eyes darting back at him. After a longer pause - than usual, she finally spoke.

"No comment"

She walked off the stage and headed straight for the change rooms. Her opponent was shocked, expecting her to say something as well. And that was the last of her, anyone had seen.

For now

A/N (Again): Let me know what you guys think of the first chapter! Hopefully I can drop the next few in sometime tonight or maybe during the week. I'm always open to ideas, any suggestions etc.