Chapter Thirteen

Nova's P.O.V

I woke up the next morning to soft sunlight shining through the window and the sounds of birds chirping outside. God I had missed this place don't get me wrong I love beacon hills but Mystic falls will always be my favourite place to be.

I looked down at my beautiful mate he had his head on my chest and was snoring softly. I never thought I would love someone this much. I didn't think it was possible yet here he is I'm not lying when I say I would sacrifice myself for him I'd do it in a heartbeat if it came down to my life or his.

I slowly moved until I was sitting up in bed with my back against the pillows, Derek just tightened his grip on me and continued to sleep. No matter how many times I tell him I'm never leaving he's always afraid I will it's heart-wrenching.

"I wonder if it still works" I whisper picking up the small remote on the bedside table. I hadn't taken the CD out when I left so maybe just maybe it was still in there. I pressed the on the button and the Stereo flickered to life I then pressed the source button and put it to CD and pressed play. Slowly but surely the sound of Florence+The machines began playing quietly through the speakers, specifically the song 'Girl with one eye'.

"They look so peaceful," Neal said

"They do" Regina replied at this point she was determined to protect Nova and her pack not that they needed protecting Nova had proven her power already, but that wasn't going to stop Regina going all 'Mama bear' on her.

Derek stirred in his sleep "Why are you always up before me" he whined

"Why do you always look so adorable when you are asleep?" I replied he laughed cutely and hugged me closer.
"Baby I need to talk to you"

"Yeah?"

"You have to promise not to freak out okay? I love you no less and it doesn't have to change anything between us"

"You're scaring me, baby," he said and propped himself up on his elbows

"We have another mate, I found out before I met you. His name is Killian Jones and in the world, I'm from he's captain hook"

To this Derek threw his head back and burst out laughing "for fuck sake how many fairytale characters am I destined to be with again?"

"Just us two love, although I'm glad you've taken it well"

"Of course I did if you and Killian are my mates then I will love you both so much," He said cuddling back into me

"Ok um one more thing. Dad's visiting today"

Derek sprung out of bed and stared at me wide-eyed and whisper shouted "I beg your fucking pardon? Are you telling me that today I'm meeting your dad, the fucking ruler of the afterlife, the one who has only recently found out about me and the pups!?"

"Yes, but don't worry mum will be here too"

"That's not reassuring!"

"Listen to me baby, my mum has always wanted grandkids and my dad has come to terms with the fact that he has grandkids he knows Peter and likes him so when he heard you were a Hale he relaxed, I only kept it from you because I knew you'd stress yourself out you'll be fine I promise"

"Ok ok but if he tries to kill me-"

"He won't don't worry, now come back to bed I want to cuddle"

With that, he crawled back under the covers and we snuggled until we absolutely had to get up.