Chapter 49: By leaving she hurt me more

Start from the beginning

       No.  No. No!
Melody is lying. 
She has to, she would never without saying goodbye.

       "I already told you...She left!  And it wasn't by force!  She told Kaisa to go... And then late into the night I saw them all leaving!" Melody exclaimed,
        "I'm sorry...I didn't want to tell you.  I wanted her to stay, but I..I had no idea why... Does she think you're dead?  Or maybe-"

      She thought I was dead.
She thought there was not any hope for me.
She thought I never wake up and that I...
She left me!
She didn't say goodbye.  

      I would of understood...She had things to do in the ocean.  She told me when she would leave after this school year, she had to do those things.  But why couldn't she tell me anything?

      Why did she not wait?  Did she really want to hurt me?
How could she?
Angelfish......

     "Be quiet..." She really did leave?  But why?  "Just stop talking.  She left on purpose." That memory of a voice comes to my head..It.. it was hers.  Her saying all those things I couldn't imagine how she could possibly think that. I can't believe it.

      No. No... This didn't happen.
Wake up, wake up from this cruel nightmare.
She said nothing would stop this.  So she must still be here.  

      "Seivon...I'm sorry...J-just check your phone.  She sent me and Ashton a message.  Also Kaisa said good luck to us.  But from what Mira always spoke of her, who knows if she meant it."  Melody was crying.

       Why?  Why was she crying?
It was me who got hurt not her.
But she was sad and had a dark look on her face.
Was it for me?

     "Why are you crying when it is I who she hurt?  She didn't even say goodbye in person... Couldn't she wait?" I threw my head back as I slowly opened my phone to see around 100+ notifications popping up. 
      "Arghhh...It really been a month.  I'm really am stupid!  I'm so dumb.  How could I?  Why did she leave?  Did Ashton say something?"  Mel shook her head.

     "What?  No!  He said nothing and has been in debate if he should be here.  He knew, he told me.  He said he tried telling you..." Memories of that argument flash before my eyes.

      Nooo...It can't be.
How could he of known?

      "I've been so blind...He was right.  She was going to leave.  She was never going to come back.  He knew and was trying to warn me, so I wouldn't get hurt and look at me now.  Urgh...She too beautiful for anyone's own good..Any human's....  And yet I...I been so foolish.  Well my lesson is learned." I spat bitterly.
      "I know now to never trust anyone again with my heart...But even if I did, they wouldn't be able to.  She stole mine and I don't think she'll ever give it back." I just wonder how he found out? 
       It seems like she was going to leave earlier than planned too.  Mel looked at my face and her eyes softened.

       "Ashton said that he overheard her talking.." She read my mind.  "And she told him how she was going to leave, just like that.  We should of believed him.  I just believed she would never leave you like that.  She was so nice and we got along so well... I was thinking Seivon. I once said you shouldn't mess with mermaids because if they have feelings they could hurt you, but the truth is that they hurt you regardless." She turned to me,
      "In ancient days they say there were mermaids, dragons, sirens, unicorns, pegasus, centaurs, griffin, and so many more.  But in those times mermaids drowned sailors to their deaths in songs that attracted them to the mermaids...What if instead of physically drowning, right now all this time you been drowning searching for the "voice" or her and it be like that forever until you die...Just like how the sailors usually die trying to find her?" I gasped at her.
       Is she trying to make me feel worse?  I love her...Miracine, I do, but I...  I don't know what to think.

       I closed my eyes. I laid back. I promised myself I would apologize and rekindle our friendship. And somewhere in the world, in this era I just slightly had a glimmer of hope she would return...
     But I didn't know why. She hurt me and I cannot understand what I do to deserve this?

     Why did she leave?
Was this a punishment from my parents' mistakes?
I can't believe them either!
How could they do something so sickening to others and I... I'm suppose to be dead.
      Maybe it was...or maybe...Who knows.
I am in pain, I am heartless, and incapable of loving another.

      "Can you do me a favor?  Can you help me?  Please Melody, help me.  Help me get through everything.  You and Ashton just make sure no one ever talks to me when not needed.  For lunch eat elsewhere...And for the rest of the year and next year...You know how we planned for our last two years to go to out where I used to live, let's do that." I turned to her,
      "Besides now I know, nothing good lasts forever and to never put my everything out there for someone else.  But if there one thing I realized it is that love never fails to hurt you. And once its out there it never return, my heart, my love, everything.  I was blind and now I know.  Love is never is perfect, it truly fails to hurt forever..."

~~~

3rd-

           The sky was gray, the clouds covered the sun refusing to let light shine in the darkness.  Seivon Rivers slowly did his studies.  He passed alright, but everyone could tell it wasn't the same and something was off.  Melody and Ashton tried to make the most out of it with some lighthearted and other jokes.  But as for the sea that suddenly mysteriously turned dark and strange, turned normal. 
        The sea followed the normal patterns again, it was like it was controlled by a princess or should we say queen.  As soon as the mermaids sped off they arrived in the safe zone they had prepared.  Miracine obliged into being the one who wears the crown out of the numbness of hurting others.  The place they were was in the sea.  A place where both the pacific and Atlantic meet.  The endless place was filled with nothing, but she believes what she did was for the eternal good. 
         They are better and safer now that she is gone.  She looked around hoping all would be well.  She would do what she had to do and to her that would be okay.  She planned to redeem herself to the mermaid council and never get wrapped up in humans again, unless they are researchers...the enemies. 
        And maybe the future would be better for them both.  But they both were in pain, bearing hearts that weren't theirs, and incapable of loving another. 

The End..

Don't worry their story isn't over...

Prepared for an epilogue

Imagine if I didn't write a sequel it leave so many thoughts to people.
Kaisa and Mivozene thinks their intentions are to help her, but they are just flawed individuals who are hurt and lonely.