Making amends

"𝕊𝕙𝕖 𝕨𝕒𝕤 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕗𝕣𝕒𝕘𝕚𝕝𝕖 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝕒 𝕗𝕝𝕠𝕨𝕖𝕣. 𝕊𝕙𝕖 𝕨𝕒𝕤 𝕗𝕣𝕒𝕘𝕚𝕝𝕖 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝕒 𝕓𝕠𝕞𝕓."

After we all eat Shawarma we walk back to the tower. On the way there I head back to where I left my suit. Steve comes with me. 

"Adriana I-" He begins to say, but stops not sure what to say. 

"Look Steve, you did what you did. You were following what might have been Tony's last wish. I understand why you did what you did. What you're not going to do, is do it again. It was as much of my choice as it was Tony's." I say laying down in my suit. It closes around me and I stand up with it. 

"I'm sorry Adriana." He says looking down

"It's okay now Steve. We've eaten something and tonight we won't have to worry about aliens coming and destroying our world. You're my family, the only family I have and I think I would've done the same thing. Better to be alive and mad then dead and had made a mistake right?" 

"Yeah, I- look I came out the ice so recently and then suddenly we met you. You became like a little sister to me. Something good, something I haven't had in a long time and I didn't want to lose you like I lost Bucky during the war." 

"I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. Don't worry about that. Let's head back. I think I had Shawarma left overs and I still feel StArVEd." I say with a smile, putting my face plate down over my face. 

That night, we all pitch in and help clean up the tower. Since there is so many of us it only takes about three hours. The living room was really the only thing that got damaged. Around 10 that night everything had been cleared and cleaned by crews. Everyone was laying on the couch after I took a shower. I wanted nothing more that to just lay down with them and my shawarma but I had something to first. 

"I'll be right back everyone." I say heading toward the elevator. Everyone's heads poke up from behind the couches. 

"Where are you going?" Tony asks "There isn't anything out there but ruble."

"For Peter's sake, I hope that's not true." I say stepping into the elevator and hitting the ground floor button. "I'll be back soon." I say smiling as the doors close. Oh God I hope Peter's alright.

*The next couple of chapters are going to be short blips. Enjoy!*