004

"reach out for me, dw i'm on my way"

...

Lanie Philips

Dear stars in the sky,

I made some new friends yesterday and they are all really nice. Unlike others in Virginia, they actually love Miley and don't judge me for no reason. I love you and I miss you.

I was in the kitchen making some breakfast for all of us when I got a text from an unknown number.

unknown

hey is this Lanie?

me

yeah but who is this?

unknown 

oh sorry

umm it's Jack

me

oh hey Jack

*unknown was changed to jack💫*

jack💫

i got ur number from Corbyn but i really need

to talk to someone who understands this as

much as i do

me

Jack ur scaring me

jack💫

can u come over? i'll explain everything

me

dude i'm still new to LA

i barely know my way here

jack💫

i forgot about that, how about

i come pick u up?

me

that sounds ok

jack💫

thx Lanie

me

no problem

After I stopped texting Jack I was really concerned as to what happened. By the looks of how he was texting, everything sounded to serious. I really hope everything is alright. After I cooked breakfast, I ordered some Taco Bell just incase we got hungry and went to wake up dad. Since he came back home late last night, I thought to leave him a note.

To Randy Philips,

Dear dad, I am going out with friends and by friends I mean Jack. I will be back soon but if you have to leave before I am back plz take Miley with you. The breakfast is on the kitchen counter and text me when you guys wake up.

Love, Lanie

I just got out of the shower and changed into a black sweater and blue jeans when I heard a honk. I opened the blinds and saw a car on my driveway with a head popping out of the driver seat window which was Jack's. I quickly grabbed my phone and purse and ran downstairs. We greeted each other as I got in and then Jack started driving. I could hear the faint sound of 8 letters playing on the radio but Jack looked sad and tensed. At one point, he changed the gear of the car and rested his hand on my thigh which caused me to look at him. He looked down with embarassment.