001

"it's been the longest time, you're still there on my mind"

...

Lanie Philips

To the stars in the sky,

It's been an year since everything happened, a year since I lost my best friend, my everything. Everyone always told me to move on with life and I tried to but things never tend to work out the way you want them to. I miss every single moment we spent together and I wanna relive them. But I know that I can't live in the past forever so I am moving away from Virginia. I am moving to LA with dad for a new life, a fresh start and I really wish you were here with me but you can't physically be here. I love you and I always will.

I woke up to the feeling of hotness, when I looked over, I saw that the sunlight was creeping in through the blinds somehow. I looked over to see Miley sleeping beside me. Now you might be wondering who Miley is and who my dad is so lemme clear things for ya.

Hey I'm Lanie Philips, daughter of the one and only Randy Philips yeah he is the manager of this famous band but I don't really know who they are so. Well as for Miley, no she isn't my daughter. My older sister who was 23 at the time she died is her mother and left her with me. The day Miley was born, her father Cameron got into an accident and died so my sister got really hit with it. She became a druggie and an alcoholic before ending her life 1 month after Miley was born. As for Jayden, we had been dating for almost 4 months before he got in that car crash and I really miss him every moment of my life. My mom and dad split their ways when me and my sister were really small so I have never seen her around, I never had a mother figure around so I know what it feels like and I don't want Miley to feel that way so I told her I was her mom. Yeah I know it's wrong but when she is old enough I will tell her. Trust me I won't hide such a big thing from her.

Well one of my passion's is photography so my dad called me to LA to be the band's official photographer. I don't really know how I feel about that but it would help my career so I'm down.

While Miley was still asleep, I grabbed our suitcases and checked the last minute things before moving out completely. Miley was about to turn 3 years old next month which meant that I had been her motherly figure since I was 18. I quickly woke Miley up and we headed to the airport. Since it was Miley's first time flying I wanted her to be by the window seat but sadly it wasn't ours. I asked the boy who owned the seat if she could sit there and he didn't seem to mind. I was strapped up in the middle seat while Miley was on the window.

The brunette boy spoke up

"Nice girl you got there, your daughter is really cute"

"Umm thanks but I am not her biological mother. I mean it's complicated"

" It's totally okay, I get it. One of my best friends is a dad to a new born and he is just 20"

"That must be so much responsibility on him"

"It is but he holds up quite well"

" I wish him nothing but good luck"

After a few hours of us just talking, Miley started playing with the boy and both of them looked so happy and cute that I couldn't help but smile. The plane was just about to land when I had to strap Miley back.

" How old are you though?"

" I'm 20 you?"

" Same. I didn't quite catch your name"

" It's Lanie. And yours?"

" I'll let you figure that out"

"Wow"

"I'll give you my number so we can keep in touch"

"Sure"

I gave him my phone and he typed in his number with the name. He gave me back my phone and gave me a hug after which he walked away. I looked down at my phone screen,

Corbyn Besson

A nice name for a nice guy

With that I grabbed Miley and our luggage and walked away.

A/N

762 words

see on the next update bye

edited: 27th february 2021