013

"and I say to people that's my lady"

...

Jack Avery

Daniel gave me the genius idea to tell the boys about me sort of crushing on Lanie. Look, to be very honest I really don't know myself either whether I really do like Lanie. Maybe it's just I like having her around and just enjoy her company. What if this isn't feelings but something else? Should I try searching for answers myself or should I let the boys guide me through it?

There's so much going on in my head, more than I've ever thought before. I am nervous and scared and I never get scared. Jack Robert Avery, what is wrong with you? Why in the world are you acting like this? Wait, let's list this out okay.

I don't know why I am trying to figure this out on my own but I just am.

Let's try and compare if I feel the same way for Lanie the way I'd felt about my previous girlfriends. Just then someone knocked on my door and then entered ma boy, Daniel.

"I wondered you would need help telling the boys about you-know-what so, I figured I'd help you out" Daniel said while shutting the door behind him and sitting on a chair.

"thanks bro, I am trying to figure out if I actually like her or just enjoy her presence"

"do you have anything in mind or do we have to brainstorm?" Daniel questioned.

"I actually do have an idea"

I sat closer to Daniel's side and explained him everything that was going on in my head. After listening to my whole theory, instead of saying something, he just patted on my back.

"great going bud"

I forced a smile onto my face before grabbing a notepad from my table and a pencil to write down stuff.

"so, you want me to question you?" Daniel asked.

"how about you do the work of the therapist here?"

"hand me the paper and take a deep breath"

Before he started asking me questions, he wrote something down on the paper and then proceeded with the questioning which seemed like an interrogation.

"so, how pretty do you think she is on a scale of one to ten. If you want to know for sure Jack, give me actual answers"

"she's really pretty like a 9"

"i know that was biased but do you think she has a good sense of humor?"

"oh she has amazing sense of humor, probably better than mine"

"okay then umm, do you feel different around her?"

"what do you mean?"

"is there any change in the way you behave when you're around her?"

"sometimes I try to be nicer so I can get her to like me cuz I feel like she isn't very fond of me. Other than that not really"

"fine, last question. do you ever feel the need to express your emotions to her?"

"in that way though, we are really close. It's like we can talk for hours about our lives and the other one will listen. She's a really good advisor though like she knows the solution to every problem"

"I think love doctor Daniel has his results"

"please never say that again"

"do you wanna know?"

"yes please"

"you do have feelings for her in my opinion and not just a tiny crush but very strong feelings"

"oh my god"

"but this is bad Jack"

"what why? - oh fuck"

"Randy" we both said at the same time.

"shit shit shit, this is bad" I got up and started pacing my room.

"no it's really not, you'll figure something out"

"wait, stop. I don't even know if Lanie sees me in the way I see her"

"and you won't know if you don't tell her about it"

"can I just jump off my balcony and pretend I'm dead?"

"nope, think about Lav then. I'll tell you what, try and spend some time with Lanie, alone. Maybe she'll give you hints"

"you can't be serious Daniel, Randy will kill me if he saw me with Lanie unofficially and alone"

"but the question is, is Randy here right now?"

"right, I forgot about that. Wait what about Brennen, he knows me"

"and he is fond of you I'm pretty sure"

"what if he's not?"

"can you not? Since when did you overthink so much?"

"sorry" after a small pause "I'll have to tell the boys now"

"yes, you want me to call them here?"

"nope they're probably out in the backyard"

Me and Daniel walked all the way to the backyard and saw that all of them were on their phones.

"guys, Jack's gotta tell you something" Daniel said trying to get their attention.

They all looked up from their phone screens blankly and looked directly at my face. Usually I loved the attention but right now I was just really nervous. Spit it out Jack, just spit it out.

"I like Lanie"

They all suddenly just got up from their seats and came straight for me. For a moment I thought I was gonna get hit so I ducked but instead all the guys just hugged me, which turned into a group hug.

"about time you realized that Jack" Jonah said after they separated.

"y'all are too cute" Corbyn added.

"are they going to be Janie or Lack?" Zach questioned.

They all looked at Zach including me. This boy.

"Thanks for not hating me"

"why would we?" Jonah asked.

"exactly" Corbyn questioned as well.

"nothing, I was just overthinking"

It's good that my boys are in on this with me. I just hope all goes well for me and everything the future holds is great.

A/N

1002 words

love doctor Daniel in da house

also the boys didn't over react cuz duh they shipped from day 1

comment down below Janie or Lack (i personally like Janie better)

anyway peace out party people

read wattpad, ace your exams just do whatever you gotta do baby