014

"just me and you on our own"

...

third person

Daniel and Corbyn, being the biggest Janie shippers, came up with a brilliant plan for operation get Janie to date. Although it was hard for them to get the two together alone, since Randy would get suspicious. No one in the band properly knew what was the plan but they did commit their help. The first thing was to get Lanie to the boys' house, for which they needed Brennen's help. No one knew until now, how convincing Daniel and Corbyn's words could be.

(A/N: pure DORBYN supremacy here)

Within the next 30 minutes, Brennen was at the boys' place along with Miley and Lanie. This was the time where stage 1 was supposed to be on the go.

"I was thinking we'd go to the mall" Daniel said while grabbing a water bottle.

"That's actually a good idea, I need some clothes" Corbyn joined the conversation.

They all agreed on going to the mall and went out to the car. This is where stage 2 came into picture. Everyone got out but by the time Jack and Lanie could get in the car, it was already full.

"We can take my car, it's no problem" Jack offered.

Corbyn smirked at Lanie while Daniel smirked at Jack before the 2 headed to Jack's car. The duo sat in the car when 8 letters just went off.

"Do you want me to turn off the radio?" Jack asked the girl.

Lanie shook her head, saying no while the boy started his car. They sat quietly for about 5 minutes, music from the radio filling the awkwardness between the two love birds.

"Why are we so awkward right now?" Lanie asked the boy.

"It's the situation we were put in" Jack replied, shifting the gears.

"We aren't like this, how's everything been?" Lanie tried to start a conversation.

"Great, I've been seeing Lav a lot so I'm happy"

"What's your favourite disney show? I know it's out of the blue but that's the first thing that popped in my head"

"As in like shows like Girl meets world and shit?"

"Yeah"

"Well to be very fucking honest, I didn't really watch those shows but maybe Austin and Ally"

"No fucking way"

"What?"

"I love that show, it's so funny"

"I know, it even has music so it's a win-win kinda thing"

The girl was about to say something when her phone started ringing. The caller id 'Seavey✨' popped up on the screen.

"Hey we can't make it" Daniel said on the other side of the line.

"Why what happened?" Lanie said while her and Jack exchanged quick glances.

"Well Zach wanted Chipotle so we stopped to get some but then Miley started crying so Brennen thought to take her back home and now we're all chilling at your place"

"Okay? We're on our way back too then"

"Nah, you guys carry on. Jack urgently needed clothes anyway so"

"He's right though" Jack said looking at Lanie.

"Well then, it's just the two of you. Have fun, byeee"

and the line went dead.

'great, look at the boys being matchmakers'

They both thought as Jack pulled up to the mall parking lot and got out and opened the door for Lanie, like a gentleman would. The first few minutes were pretty awkward for the duo, they were just trying to get clothes for Jack but then they both looked at this one shirt and went to grab it, while their hands brushed against each other and a blush creeped on their faces.

"i'm hungry, let's go get some food" Jack said while heading to checkout.

The duo walked in to the food court and got food. They laughed and smiled, enjoying each others company. After their shopping spree was successful, Jack dropped Lanie back to her place. 

There the almost couple stood, at Lanie's doorstep, saying a cliche good bye.

"even though the boys decided to ditch us, i had a great time" Lanie said while looking at her hands.

"me too, see you soon" Jack said while turning his back to the girl.

"Jack wait" the boy turned around.

Lanie walked up to him and kissed his cheek before turning back and walking into the house.

Thinking about what just happened, Jack blushed as he drove away to his own place.

A/N

736 words

wassup y'all

filler chapter