28.

"Sehee noona looks so sad." Geonu said with a pout the next day. Youngmi sighed as she hopped onto the counter beside Geonu.

"True. It's because of that man's visit the other day." She said with a scowl on her face. "I don't have a good feeling about this, Geonu."

"Me neither. Why did noona go to Aera's house today though and that too in working hours?"

Youngmi hummed, thinking what it might be. When Sehee came in this morning she looked a little tired but still not really sad. Then she had received a message and her small smile had disappeared. She had hastily packed her things and told her two employees to look after the shop before leaving.

"I can tell, it has nothing to do with Aera." Youngmi said out loud. "If she was in trouble, Sehee unnie would have atleast taken me with her. I think it's all related to that man. I think unnie is trying to somehow trap him."

Geonu looked up at her with wide eyes. "Wah, aren't you a genius?" Youngmi smirked at the compliment even as he continued speaking.

"I could never think like that. This is why I need you in my life, Youngmi. Please date me!" He said with puppy eyes and his hands clasped as if begging.

Youngmi bit her lip to stop herself from laughing. Geonu was really a good guy but she wasn't sure she could trust him. Afterall, with her past it was natural for her to be cautious with men.

"I know what you are thinking." Geonu suddenly said, dropping his hands and his face turning serious. He sighed, running his hand through his dark brown hair, messing them up but still somehow managing to look more handsome than a moment ago. Youngmi gulped nervously.

"You think you can't trust any man but tell me, Youngmi-ah. Have I ever done anything that made you uncomfortable with me?" He was hurt, hurt that even after all these years, he hadn't been able to gain her trust.

When she didn't say anything, he closed his eyes, stuffing those useless feelings of disappointment deep. When he opened his eyes, he was back to his usual laughing, bubbly self.

He clapped his hands, the sound making Youngmi flinch with the suddenness. "Time to go back to work!" He said in a cheerful voice even though his eyes were anything but. "Don't want Sehee noona to cut my pay." He sing-songed turning his back towards her to hide his uncontrollable feelings. It was better he forgot her...

"Are you free this Saturday?" Youngmi said suddenly, making the man turn around with wide eyes. What surprised him even more was the blush on her cheeks. He gave her his biggest smile, nodding. "Yeah, I'm free..."

***

"So, let me get this straight. The Shin Jaehwan, arrested 20 years ago for multiple crimes, and then escaped a few years later, came to your restaurant and threatened you? And his demands are that you either return his money with interest or handover your restaurant and start working for him?" The young officer friend of Aera, Park Doyun asked after listening to Sehee recount everything that happened and how Shin was related to her.

"Yes, that's correct." Sehee said, her voice devoid of emotions, completely drained from overthinking and worry. Aera must've caught on to her mood change and left the drawing room of her house to bring some tea.

This meeting had been planned very cautiously since Shin's men were keeping an eye on her. Finding out Doyun's identity wouldn't have been hard but since he was Aera's friend it wouldn't look suspicious. However, Sehee's presence would be considered suspicious but she was willing for this one anomaly in her plan. Shin wouldn't be able to guess how they would sabotage him. He could be as cautious as he wanted to be.

After the short tea break, Sehee definitely felt much better and ready to discuss more about the plan.

"Before we continue," Doyun spoke up, still sipping his tea. "Can you tell me how he threatened you? I mean, we need to know so we can properly make our plans." Sehee sighed. "I understand. He showed me photographs of Aera, a friend living in the States at the moment, Jung Jihoon and my boyfriend, Kim Seokjin."

The young man nodded as he noted down the names. "What does your boyfriend do?" Came his next question. Sehee hesitated a little. "He...um...he's an idol in the group BTS."

The man's eyes widened but other than that he didn't react much and Sehee was thankful for that. She didn't want a repeat of screaming and panicking after she told Aera all about Seokjin.

"This complicates things, Sehee-shi. You know that, right? You would already have media flocking around you if we successfully capture Shin. The media will dig up everything from your past and present. We'll try to keep your Identity secret as much as possible but just a heads up. Your boyfriend knows this, I hope." Doyun spoke with truth but still wanting to be as transparent with her as possible, giving her an overview of how things might turn out.

She gave him a weak smile despite feeling dreadful inside. "I know, Doyun-shi. I trust our hardworking policemen and about the media digging up things? I won't let that happen."

Doyun raised an eyebrow, wondering what was going through the woman's mind but didn't dwell on it much. His task was to get information, report it to his team and make a plan to catch this criminal who had been evading the police force for too long now.

~~~~
A/N:

I am so, so, so sorry for this late update. I was really busy and I really needed a break.

If I didn't take this break I knew I would have ruined the story and I really, really just want to give you the best.

Again, I'm sorry for the delay.

I hope you like this chapter!!

Thank you for reading 😊💜💜