Prologue.

There was a new kid brought in today. She didn't know who it was but she was curious just like the rest of the kids at the orphanage. But the elder aunty that took care of them in the day told them to not overwhelm the little girl. She had just lost her parents but hadn't they all.

As much as the atmosphere was filled with excitement to see the new girl it was also filled with sadness as the older kids were reminded how they were either abandoned or orphaned.

Sehee wasn't so different herself. She had been there since she was five and now she was ten. The longest any kid had stayed there. She didn't know what her fault was that no one wanted to adopt her but she had also learnt that the people liked younger children, toddlers and she was no toddler.

Ignoring the words of the aunty, Sehee went to her room where the new kid had been assigned to. It wasn't really a separate room but a big hall where lots of bunk beds were present. The new kid was going to take the lower bunk, below Sehee's.

A little girl sat on the bed with her legs drawn close to her chest and her face buried in her knees. Her little shoulders shook as she cried, missing her parents probably.

Sehee sat down in front of her, bouncing a little on the bed, the worn-out mattress creaking under her. The little girl lifted her chubby, tear-streaked face. Her eyes were huge as she stared at the older girl.

Sehee scrunched her nose at her. "You are fat," she said, her voice flat. The little girl pouted, wiping her face with equally chubby hands. "My mom says it's baby fat. It'll melt away once I'm old enough."

"Ah, is that so. Well, it better be true or I might have to make you run ten miles every day." The little girl narrowed her eyes. "Isn't that a little too much?" Sehee sighed. "Do you even know how much is ten miles?" The girl shook her head no.

Sehee gave the girl a big grin. "Me neither. Let's go ask the teacher how much is ten miles." The girls bounced off the bed giggling as they raced towards the room where teachers usually sat. The little girl stopped Sehee before they could enter the room.

"You didn't tell me your name." The girl said huffing a little, her chubby cheeks red. "My name is Choi Sehee. I'm ten years old." The little girl clapped her hands. "My name is Lee Aera. I'm seven years old, that means you are my unnie." Aera started jumping around her unnie. "Yay! Yay! I always wanted a big sister. I have a unnie now. Yay!" The girls laughed as they hugged each other.

"I promise you, Aera, if no one ever adopts us, I'll make sure to keep you safe and be a good elder sister to you." Aera's eyes filled with tears a little as she hugged the elder tighter. "We'll always stay together."