36.

Seokjin had a feeling that the day was going to be eventful. Everyone had an off day and even though they hadn't made any plans yesterday, everyone was up and out of the house before noon.

He remembered Yoongi telling him to stay home and rest because he had been clearly overworking himself for the last few weeks. But the silence and the lack of activity was making Seokjin uneasy.

It made him think about her.

He tried hard not to think about Sehee but it was just impossible to when he remembered how he used to spend his off days before. He remembered how she smiled brightly, her dimples popping out everytime she saw him in her doorway.

He wished he could see that smile just once...

The shrill sound of the doorbell broke the silence, bringing Seokjin out of his memories. Sighing he moved towards the door, not really in the mood to check who it was, which in other cases could have been dangerous. But not today.

Sehee's heart was beating thrice the normal speed as she waited for someone to open the door. According to Yoongi, no one was supposed to be home except for Seokjin. She had thought, being alone with Seokjin would be better but she was starting to question it. She had never been this nervous in her life before.

Sehee's hand tightened around her purse strap as she heard the lock turning. She took a deep breath, trying to brace herself to face him after so many days. Though she had seen his face on numerous billboards and shops, seeing him in real was going to be different.

Everything seemed to happen in slow motion as the door opened. The figure of the man behind the door coming into sight bit by bit.

His feet clad in fluffy pink slippers, strong legs covered in black sweat pants. Eyes traveling up, they landed on his broad chest hidden behind a loose, grey sweatshirt. Finally her eyes came to rest on a face more beautiful than any angel, seemingly crafted by the gods themselves.

She watched Seokjin's eyes widen as he realised who stood before him. His eyes, that held depths undiscovered, dilated, a soft smile making its way to his luscious lips, mirroring her own.

"Sehee..." Her name tumbled out of his mouth, sounding as if a sigh of relief. "H-Hi! Can I come in?" She asked in a small voice, the nervousness taking over once again.

Seokjin hastily moved away, opening the door wider to let the woman enter, muttering a silent thank you.
"Do you want tea? Coffee? Banana milk?" Sehee shook her head at the question. "No, it's alright. I wanted to talk to you." She said, taking a seat on the big sofa, Seokjin a few feet away from her.

"Did you change your mind?" He asked, twiddling with his thumbs nervously. His eyes however, never left her face. He noticed how she had lost a little weight, just like he had. This hadn't been any easier for her either.

"It's more than just changing my mind." She started, taking a deep breath and looking straight into her love's eyes. No secrets this time. "I want to... I want to tell you the truth. The whole truth."

Seokjin took a moment to comprehend her words and the look of determination in her eyes. He hoped, that this truth she was talking about was what he was expecting. Therefore, he leaned forward, supporting his arms on his knees as he gave her his undivided attention. As if he could ever look away when she was infront of him.

"I'm listening." He said, making Sehee take a deep breath and not lose her mind with his bewitching eyes intent on her. She opened her mouth and slowly started to tell him what exactly happened and why she had to break up with him. She told him how much him being an idol affected her and how she was ready to face anything if he wanted to give their relation another chance. She also told him, how she missed him and had been sleeping in his hoodies for the past few weeks.

As her detailed explanation came to an end, Seokjin had went from leaning forward to leaning back on the sofa. He ran a hand over his face as he took time to understand each and every word she said. He needed to think rationally this time instead of his heart, just like Sehee had.

"I understand if you don't want to meet me again, Seokjin. I wouldn't expect that after what I put you through," she continued in the ensuing silence. "I just wanted to clarify everything. I don't want you to hate me."

"I don't hate you, Sehee." Seokjin interjected hastily, just as the word 'hate' left her mouth. Hate was such a strong word for him. "I can never hate you, if anything, I love you even more for what you did for me and my friends. But I really expected you to tell me about it. I brought you to my home, introduced you to my friends just so we could help you when you needed but you tried handling everything on your own."

Sehee sighed, head low, eyes watery. "I know. I should've told you but I was just so scared. I didn't want to lose you-" her voice broke on the last word, her self control wavering as a few tears turned into a steady stream.

Seokjin was right there though. He was there this time to engulf her in his strong arms, as his sweet voice uttered soothing words. Sehee clutched onto him for dear life, reveling in his warmth and his scent as his hands moved up and down her back, letting her cry freely.

"I know, baby. I know everything but look I'm still here. I would have been there before too but it's a thing of past. We should look forward to our future, right?"

Sehee sniffled, lifting her head up to look into Seokjin's eyes and asked what she had been dying to, "Does that mean, you are willing to work on our relationship again? No secrets this time?"

Sehee really expected Seokjin to agree but instead, his arms fell away. She sat there dazed as he got up and walked away a little, his back towards her. And it hurt more than she expected.

"I want to make things work again, Sehee. I really do but..." He hesitated, wondering how she'd react. But they were both done with holding back and hiding things from each other. "We are going to be very busy the next few months, Sehee-ah." He said, turning around again and meeting her hurt eyes.

"I won't be able to contact you or meet you as much as I would want to. We'll be traveling for promotions, performing and entertaining, a lot. I don't think it's the best time to repair our relation."

Sehee sighed, understanding where Seokjin came from and that's why she smiled, the one Seokjin loved the most. "I understand, Seokjin. I really do."

Seokjin smiled, relieved, "Thank you." He said, happy to have someone like Sehee in his life for the umpteenth time.

As Sehee prepared to leave later, Seokjin couldn't help himself and pulled her into a bone crushing hug. And though it hurt a little, Sehee couldn't refuse the closeness. She missed him.

"Wait for me?" He asked as he let her go, reluctantly. Sehee caressed his face one last time, memorizing how he felt.
"Always."